Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b with 221(g) Administrative processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b with 221(g) Administrative processing.

I recently appeared for H1b Stamping at hyderabad consulate . I was given a blue form 221(g) with option checked as "Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision made." . I tried to check my case number online in hyderabad consulate pending or refused visas section but get a message as case not found.

Does any one have an idea how many days will it take to get my case updated and also any chances of getting visa approved in similiar situations. Its almost 3 weeks completed from my interview date but no updates till date.

Each case is different and so the time that might take to get a decision on a 221g may vary from one person to another. It is anywhere between a couple of weeks to several months.

Regarding tracing your case online, call the VFS helpdesk and they should be able to help you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin for the info . VO took all the related documents(I797, I129, LCA and project documents) from me and my passport was given back on the interview date . So , was curious to know whether there would be any approvals in such cases .

Comment

There have been plenty of such cases. Once the admin processing is done and if it is successful, then they will ask you to submit the passport to VFS for stamping.

Originally posted by m_satya View Post
        Thanks shervin for the info . VO took all the related documents(I797, I129, LCA and project documents) from me and my passport was given back on the interview date . So , was curious to know whether there would be any approvals in such cases .

Comment

Hi Shervin,

I have called VFS recently for my case status updates online . They said that for Blue forms(221(g)) at Hyderabad consulate the case status will not be updated online and the once admin process is compeleted concerned consular will contact me or send a mail . They have no updates on the case . Any idea where to get the case status .

Comment

I went for H1B stamping in Mumbai. It was 3-year extension due to I-140 approved.

H1B Valid from 10/01/2011 - 09/30/2014
            Visa Stamping Date in Mumbai: 10/25/2011

The officer asked only 1 question. What do i work for my company and handed yellow slip 221G (Admin Processing). This is the second time I got 221G. Last year I got and was approved in 3 weeks. Lets see how long it takes this time.

In DS-156 form, I clearly mentioned that my I-140 is approved and my employer has filed for my GC. not sure if this cause 221G and denial in future due to bad US economy

Please share your experience.

Comment

H1b with 221(g) Administrative processing.

Received a mail after 3 months of my visa interview to submit project documents . Its almost 2.5 months completed since submission and no response yet :-(
              Its more than 5 months past since my visa interview and iam hoping to get a response .
              Last edited by m_satya; 02-15-2012, 02:50 AM.

Comment

5 and a half months and waiting

Hi Satya,

Mine is similar case like you. My VI was on 9/9/2011. received 221g blue with aap ticked.

got mail to submit passport on Nov 14th.. submitted on 15th.

got mail on 17th to reply to questionnaire, resume and invitation letter.. submitted on 21st Nov 2011.

No reply yet ... its been 5 and half months now since interview and around 3 months since the submission of documents.

Still patiently waiting for update from consulate.

Comment

221(g) white form

Hi all
                  I came to India for a vacation and had my H1 b visa interview on march 07 2012 in Hyderabad consulate. I was given a white form with 11 digit case number and checked "Your application requires additional administrative process". The VO made me sign a form which has few points of what I have answered like my employer, client, no. of years worked so on.
                  He took my LCA, I129, Copy of I797 and Master agreement of client and my company. He said if everything is fine they would request for passport. But he was very strict and made it clear that if there is any problem they may permanently deny the entry.
                  I am very much worried. How severe is my case.??

Please help me. What is Administrative process and how long does it take. Did anyone get the white form? what is the difference of these forms???

Comment

Originally posted by s_kumarg77 View Post
                    What is Administrative process and how long does it take. Did anyone get the white form? what is the difference of these forms???

Comment

221(g) white form

the Visa officer did not ask for any docs and he said he would ask his personnel to verify my employment details. Do I have any chances? I am a Full time employee and I made it clear with my employer but I am worried.
                      I entered my Passport number in VFS page
                      and it shows
                      "Your passport is under process at US Embassy/Consulate"

But the Visa officer has given back my passport to me. Why does this show Passport under process?
                      Last edited by s_kumarg77; 03-08-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

the Visa officer did not ask for any docs and he said he would ask his personnel to verify my employment details. Do I have any chances? I am a Full time employee and I made it clear with my employer but I am worried.
                        >>> If the documents that you have submitted are genuine and if you have maintained your immigration status properly when you are in U.S, then there is nothing to worry. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing. Lot of people have successfully got their visas stamped after receiving a 221g.

I entered my Passport number in VFS page
                        and it shows
                        "Your passport is under process at US Embassy/Consulate"

But the Visa officer has given back my passport to me. Why does this show Passport under process?
                        >>> That is a standard message. Anyone whose visa is under admin process will get this message.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and support Sherin.. I appreciate it...

Comment

How often do we need to conact the consulate

Hi
                            I got a 221g " Administrative processing". How often do I need to contact the embassy for my case status. Do we need to call them or send a email which one is better/effective.

Thanks a lot in advance for your cooperation.

Comment

Completed 9 months . Still waiting for response . :-(

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X