Travel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel issue

I am on an F1 visa, currently enrolled in PhD and will be giving my comprehensive exams in January.

I have completed an MS in a USA based university.

A company wants to offer me a job as soon as I complete my comprehensive exams and are planning to file for my H1 right now with a job start date in mid of feb.

I want to travel to India in from 4th december to 10th January for a personal reason. Can I do that if my H1b application is filed?

What if we do a premium processing and get an H1b approved before december, is it okay even if my job does not start till Feb.

I have a valid F1 student visa, but will be probably taking a CPT from 16th January.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by jeetUSA View Post
    I am on an F1 visa, currently enrolled in PhD and will be giving my comprehensive exams in January.

I have completed an MS in a USA based university.

A company wants to offer me a job as soon as I complete my comprehensive exams and are planning to file for my H1 right now with a job start date in mid of feb.

I want to travel to India in from 4th december to 10th January for a personal reason. Can I do that if my H1b application is filed?
    Not recommended if H1 is filed as change of status. The change of status part of the petition can be voided by travel.

What if we do a premium processing and get an H1b approved before december, is it okay even if my job does not start till Feb.

Still not recommended for the same above reason.

I have a valid F1 student visa, but will be probably taking a CPT from 16th January.

Please help!

Thanks in advance
    If you are planning to work from Jan 16 itself, why not file the H1 from Jan 16 itself? That way you can obtain H1 Visa while in home country. You are allowed to study (take comprehensive or whatever) in H1 status as long as you maintain H1 status by working full-time.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X