Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Stamping After H1 transfer

Hello,

I recently got my H1 transferred and I am working with new company I am planning to go to India for my wedding and wanted some info on below queries.

1) Do I have to get my VISA stamped? My Current I-94 is valid till 9/2012 and new I 797 till 9/2014. Can I just enter US using my old and new approvals?

2) I plan to bring my wife along with me. I am getting married in India. Will my H1 transfer create any impact on her H4 visa processing?

Thanks.

Hi, i am in a similar situation too.I am a doctor doing residency in newyork.i started anesthesia residency in july 2011 in a new hospital after doing 1 yr of surgery in another hospital.my h1b expired on june 30 but my new i-94 is valid until 2014.i am going to india in december to get married.what r my chances of delay? i am a direct employee of this hospital.my other concern is i had 5 rejections for b1/b2 for my cs exam but did not ve a problem with h1b.waiting for ur experiences and advice.Thanks.

Comment

1) Do I have to get my VISA stamped? My Current I-94 is valid till 9/2012 and new I 797 till 9/2014. Can I just enter US using my old and new approvals?
      >>> You have to return all your I-94s when you leave U.S (Including the ones that are attached your approvedal notice). If you will have a valid H1B visa in your passport on the date of your return (Even if it is for the previous employer), then you can return back using that visa and the transferred petition.

2) I plan to bring my wife along with me. I am getting married in India. Will my H1 transfer create any impact on her H4 visa processing?
      >>> No. She will have to get the H4 stamped based on your transferred petition to enter U.S.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

No one can predict whether you will have any issued with your H1B stamping or not, because it is completely case by case basis. If you are a direct employee and if all the documents are in order, then the chances of a successful stamping is pretty high. Previous B1/B2 rejections will not have much impact on your H1B stamping although the VO might look into your case to see the reason for previous rejections.

Originally posted by anesthesia2011 View Post
        Hi, i am in a similar situation too.I am a doctor doing residency in newyork.i started anesthesia residency in july 2011 in a new hospital after doing 1 yr of surgery in another hospital.my h1b expired on june 30 but my new i-94 is valid until 2014.i am going to india in december to get married.what r my chances of delay? i am a direct employee of this hospital.my other concern is i had 5 rejections for b1/b2 for my cs exam but did not ve a problem with h1b.waiting for ur experiences and advice.Thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X