Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 Dependent Form (H4) Queries

Hi All,

Iam in the process of filling the DS 160 form for my wife and im just bumped up with few questions. It would be great if any of you guys would be able to help me out.

We are currently in US (me H1, wife H4) and going to India for Visa renewal. When my employer filed an extension, we both got two different I797-A and they both have different receipt/petition number. In the dependent DS-160 form, it is asking for "Princial applicant" and the receipt/petition number. Who is the Princiapl applicant? Should I give my receipt number or my wife's one?

Advanced Thanks for the help!!!

Your wife's change/extension of status approval (I-539) is meaningless once she leaves the US. She will have to attach the I-94 at the bottom of approval notice to I-94 in her passport and submit both to the airline when she leaves.
    While filling her DS160, principal applicant is you and she should enter your H1 petition details over there.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1B - Principal applicant
      H4 - Dependent applicant
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

DS160 Dependent Form H4

Hi All,

I am too in the process of filling the DS 160 form for my wife who has already gone India , and I have the same questions. It would be great if any of you guys would be able to help me out. The previous two answers are contradictory so please help.

I am currently in US on H1 and my wife and daughter was on H4) , My family had already gone to India and I am planning to go on 29th March for Visa renewal. When my employer filed an extension, we all got two different I797-A and they both have different receipt/petition number. In the dependents DS-160 form, it is asking for "Princial applicant" and the receipt/petition number. Who is the Princiapl applicant? Should I give my receipt number or my wife's one?

Advanced Thanks for the help!!! The person who posted this thread will be best to answer, So please sir share your experience.

Thanks,
        Arvind

Comment

I dont see any contradiction in previous two answers. Both the previous answers say H1 is the primary applicant .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Did you get answer to your question? Did you put your petition number of your wife's?

Originally posted by arvind.hbtik View Post
            Hi All,

I am too in the process of filling the DS 160 form for my wife who has already gone India , and I have the same questions. It would be great if any of you guys would be able to help me out. The previous two answers are contradictory so please help.

I am currently in US on H1 and my wife and daughter was on H4) , My family had already gone to India and I am planning to go on 29th March for Visa renewal. When my employer filed an extension, we all got two different I797-A and they both have different receipt/petition number. In the dependents DS-160 form, it is asking for "Princial applicant" and the receipt/petition number. Who is the Princiapl applicant? Should I give my receipt number or my wife's one?

Advanced Thanks for the help!!! The person who posted this thread will be best to answer, So please sir share your experience.

Thanks,
            Arvind
            Did you get answer to your question? Did you put your petition number of your wife's?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X