Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 OR H1 which one is better

Hi,

I am working for a company in India and they plan to move me to their US office.
    I have a choice of H1 or L1 visa but i am a bit confused as to which one would work out better for me
    I need to consider the following criteria to decide which one to opt for

- My spouse also works in India and i want her to find a job in US as well. Would like to know as to which visa would enable her a better chance to get a job and in less time

- I also aim to apply for Green card through my company...which visa would be better

- I am not aware of the duration for which i can stay in US on H1 or L1 visa

- For now i do not plan to change the company but in case i want to...which visa would be easier

If my spouse goes on H1/L1 dependant and later wants to switch the visa...which one would be better to apply for as of now

Originally posted by vishesh_bagga123 View Post
    Hi,

I am working for a company in India and they plan to move me to their US office.
    I have a choice of H1 or L1 visa but i am a bit confused as to which one would work out better for me
    I need to consider the following criteria to decide which one to opt for

- My spouse also works in India and i want her to find a job in US as well. Would like to know as to which visa would enable her a better chance to get a job and in less time
    L2 allows employment after getting EAD. H4 does not.
    - I also aim to apply for Green card through my company...which visa would be better
    Does not matter.
    - I am not aware of the duration for which i can stay in US on H1 or L1 visa
    6 years H1, 5 years L1B
    - For now i do not plan to change the company but in case i want to...which visa would be easier
    H1, but the new company can apply for H1 at that time also (if annual cap is open at that time.
    If my spouse goes on H1/L1 dependant and later wants to switch the visa...which one would be better to apply for as of now
    Spouse can change from either status.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X