PIMS Discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIMS Discrepancy

I went for H1B stamping to Chennai consulate on Oct 18, 2011. The person at the first counter wrote "PIMS discrepancy" on top of the DS-160 page. Then I went to the main building. The visa officer asked the usual questions, had another look at my approval notice and said that there is no problem with my visa, but they need to do some updates in their database and said I'll get my passport back in 1 - 2 weeks time. He held back my passport and returned the other documents.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation? How long does it take to get the passport back?

Search for posts that talks about PIMS. This is not new. In normal cases, it woukld take about 2 weeks to get the PIMS updated and get a result from the consulate.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I went for my H1-B stamping on 24th and had the same experience. But was told that the delay in decision was due to systems being slow. I even asked whether this was related to 'PIMS discrepancy" being written on top of my DS-160 but was told that it's not and they should be able to get back to me in 2-3 days. Today is the third day and I still haven't heard from them. Contacting the consulate via phone did not help much as they redirect to VFS where they give you a canned response that they dont have the passport and wont be able to tell you more on the process/progress until they receive the passport.

Now, I understand that PIMS verification may take 2-3 weeks but I was under the impression that a 221-g is issued in such an event. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

the same here

i went to the visa counslate on oct 21 and the first person wrote on my ds 160 pims discrepencey and the visa officer said there is a mismatch with my pims and ds 160 we will just varify it and send u the passport within one week. but it is already a week and no updates...i just read the above two cases and they are similar to mine...please any updates from ur end please let me know...

Comment

hi SPPR, did u get any updates from the consulate...please let me know

Comment

hey guys reply to the thread

Hey SPPR and Apoorvateja...atleast reply to the thread...what updates for your cases...

Comment

I had the same issue last year DeC.I went to chennai counsulate for my H1 stamping, they said I will receive my passport in 2 days.Didn't get any forms,didn't receive the passport even after 4 days.I called them they said they are waiting for PIMS update.It was updated on the 7th working day and I collected my passport over the counter at VFS on the 8thday PM.Hope it helps!!! Chennai counsulate was atleast answering my call and I was calling them almost everyday.They did tell me its almost updated on 7th day.

Comment

thank u nithu

it is already 6 working days after my visa interview and i had emailed them and got a reply today stating pims is still not updated..once it is updated we will start the process. i do not know how long it is going to take...

Comment

Update from Chennai consulate

Mira,
                  My passport is still under process at the Chennai consulate. I emailed them last week and got a reply on tuesday stating "We still do not have your information available on PIMS and will process your visa as soon as it is updated".

They did not specify a timeline. Any updates from SPDR?

Comment

Called the consulate today

I called the consulate today and they said that my case is under "administrative processing" . I asked them whether they are still waiting on PIMS to be updated and the representative did not have any information about it. I further asked how long will this process take and she said that it will take 2-3 days after the passport has been handed to VFS but did not have an idea as to when the PIMS update will happen. This has been a very frustrating ordeal and the lack of transparency is making the situation worse.

Any other updates on this from people in the same situation would be helpful.

Comment

hi apoorvateja...i mailed the counsulate and got an automated reply stating we no longer accept emails to this mail id....you have to call up to vfs..and even when we call up to the counslate number they redirect you to the vfs #...it is so frustating...what can an vfs person do they are just into administrative....just lack of information....we cannot even email anymore...what number did you try...

Comment

Mira,

I called the consulate number and after choosing the language of correspondence as English I did not choose the immigrant/Non immigrant option, instead press 0 and it will take you to the operator.

This is still handled by the VFS customer care and they dont have a clue. So it boils down to a wait game. Hope they resolve this tomorrow at least.

Btw, what is the situation with your employer? Have they suggested a solution or are they even working on one?

This is the direct line to VFS customer care: 01206611411

Comment

apoorvateja,

my employer told me to wait for 30 days from the interview date and then they said they are going to mail to the counslate..what did ur employer suggest...thanks for the #..i have been calling to the same #.

Comment

Updates?

Mira,

Any updates?

I am still waiting on my PP.

Comment

passport dispatched

apoorvateja,

i got a message today stating the passport is dispatched...i hope i get it tommo...so i think even u should get it any time soon...check on the vfs website...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X