PIMS Discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mira.

I finally got an email from VFS today saying that my passport is ready to be dispatched. It's been exactly 12 business days since my interview.

I'm glad that I did not have to change my travel plans. But I am still quite frustrated about the whole ordeal. Lack of information and misdirection from the consulate and VFS needs to be addressed appropriately.

Comment

Finally got PP after 11 working days...totally messed up all my travel plans and lost work days..but nothing else to do other than wait...

Comment

My experience at Delhi Consulate

I came to India in early November 2011 and went for my first H1B stamping on 9th November. I have my MS in Computer Science from US and was working on OPT and later as H1B. I was working as Consultant (E->V->C) model. During the interview, the consular made false assumptions that the Employer-Employee relationship was not fulfilled. He withheld my passport (although he returned I-797)stating that he needs to verify certain information and I will hear from Consulate within week. I WAS NOT GIVEN ANY FORM AT ALL.

I did not get my passport within week and I checked the VFS site where the status was changed to Administrative processing. After almost a month, I got a standard email from Consulate that my visa is denied as my employer is not willing to provide me qualifying job in the US. My case was directly sent to KCC for review and around Feb 2012, I got NOIR. My employer's attorney replied to the NOIR and I am still waiting to hear from them.

In the meanwhile, I was looking for company in US who was willing to transfer my H1B. After painful 3 months (Jan-Mar) of uncountable interviews I was able to find company who was willing to transfer my H1B (It wasn't a desi consultanting, its the 6th largest consulting firm in the world!)

So this new company filed my H1B in premium processing and I got approved petition around March 28th 2012. I scheduled my appointment on 11th April 2012 and I was pretty confident that I will get my visa approved.

I went for visa interview at Delhi Consulate again and the visa officer asked me normal question, however he wasn't satisfied with my answer when I mentioned that I would NOT be working at client location, but rather at my company's corporate head quarter. He was such a jerk that said that I was trying to hide some kind of information. I mentioned that it was exactly what's mentioned in my LCA, that I would be working ONLY at my corporate head quarter. Throughout this process he seemed to be drafting some kind of email on his computer. Towards the end of 10 mins grilling interview, he said that there seems to be some kind of problem with my petition and he couldn't find it on his system. He handed yellow form 221(g) and checked the 'other' option and wrote 'nothing'. He mentioned that I need to wait for 10 days and I don't have to do anything. If visa is to be granted, I will get it in my passport. However, I noticed that he wrote something like 'PIMS' on my DS-160 form which gives me clue after reading so many forums that it could be related to PIMS not being updated with my case.

I discussed this with my new company's attorney and they said there is nothing to worry. They would be sending the letter to the Consulate immediately and that things will work out for sure (fingers crossed!) However, they mentioned that it could take longer than 10days for sure.

So here I am still waiting!!! It sucks getting 221(g) twice in a row.

This is my advice to all the people who are visiting India to get visa stamped and are working as consultants: AVOID GETTING VISA STAMPED FROM INDIAN CONSULATE. THEY ARE MERCILESS. I HAVE LEARNED THIS A HARD WAY. INSTEAD GO TO CANADA/MEXICO FOR STAMPING

I have known 3-4 people in my proximity who are working in (E->V->V->C) model and even getting visa stamped easily from Canada. I am not saying the success ratio is 100% in Canada, but I can assure that the success ratio is way way too better than in India. Consulate in India are too picky or maybe its my bad luck. So choose wisely.

Good luck and I wish that prospective candidates do not have to go through this horrifying and high tension filled ordeal that I am going through.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X