Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vishal416 View Post
    Hi guys,

I had my visa interview on 20th Dec 2011 at the Mumbai Consulate. Got a blue 221g requesting 4 docs from the Employer section. My employer submitted these docs on 2nd Jan '12. In my case, my employer has even submitted my passport along with the docs. Not sure if this is the norm, but they do it for all such cases. I havent received any info from the consulate yet. Mine is an E-V model.

One question: The US consulate case status .pdf which they update on their website -- does this include 221g Blue form case updates as well? I thought i had read somewhere that they do not include 221g Blue form cases and that there is no way to track such cases. Please let me know if this is true.

You will get email from VFS mostly. That's what i got.

Comment

• Congrats @aumehta...

Finally your wait is over...

Originally posted by aumehta View Post
      Hello All,
      Finally I received the email from US Consulate Mumbai, asking me to submit my passport. From October 27, 2011 - February 1, 2012. I think this is it and if everything else goes smoothly, hopefully, they have cleared me and ready to issue me the much awaited visa.
      I went over and submitted my passport yesterday. Even though they do not mention in the email, a copy of I-797 (H1_B) is also required while submitting the passport. This is in addition to the 221g form with the envelope.
      Will keep posted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Dear Sir:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.
      Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

Your visa is ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General. Also, please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• 221g Green after 221G blue AAP

Hi

I received 221g green letter after I gor 22tg blue form checked with AAP. My passport is returned with the green form asking for the following documents. Can anyone please tell me the chances of my approval and the processing time? Did anyone encounter this situation. I was asked for following docs with 221g green letter

- I1797, I129, LCA - These were already there with consular. I gave them during my interview time
        - DS 160 confirmation page
        - H1 petioners letter
        - H1 supporting docs
        - Employment offer letter and agreement letter

Thanks
        Nirupa

Comment

• interview date : 7th Dec 2011
          221 G Documents Submitted : 3rd Jan 2012
          Fresh application

Received a letter today by post : it says my petition has been send to USCIS for review and probably revocation.

Not sure what needs to be done next.

Comment

• 221g blue slip

Hi I went for visa interview on 3rd Feb2012 got an blue 221g

documents asked are
            1) IT returns of my company
            2)Petitioner employee nsmes/ employers
            3)A letter from the company stating my job vacancy
            4)A detailed description of your job from the company.

Have been asked to send these docs in a grey colour enevelop in VFS drop box but not asked to submit the passport.

Please let know if my passport is not asked does it mean a negative sign.

My employer plans to give all these docs in the comming week.and i plan to submit them.
            Please let me know the difference betn yellow/pink and blue.
            Doe blue hold a detailed admin processing to go to the USCIS for additional checks, or it just to the Mumbai consulate.

Please let me know , thanks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vishal416 View Post
              Hi guys,

I had my visa interview on 20th Dec 2011 at the Mumbai Consulate. Got a blue 221g requesting 4 docs from the Employer section. My employer submitted these docs on 2nd Jan '12. In my case, my employer has even submitted my passport along with the docs. Not sure if this is the norm, but they do it for all such cases. I havent received any info from the consulate yet. Mine is an E-V model.

One question: The US consulate case status .pdf which they update on their website -- does this include 221g Blue form case updates as well? I thought i had read somewhere that they do not include 221g Blue form cases and that there is no way to track such cases. Please let me know if this is true.
              Hi.. I have heard there is no way to track such cases.. The website updates only for yellow slips. My case is also similar but my employer have not sent my passport because it is with me and also it wasnt mentioned in the blue form. They will email you once done
              I wanted to ask you... is it normal that the employer send the docs directly to the VFS? Ideally i was supposed to submit the docs but my employer says that the docs are confidential so they have sent it directly.

Now i dont even know if the VFS Mumbai has received the documents or not. Please help me if you have any details abt this issue

Comment

• Congrats @aumehta !!! Your wait is finally over. Please keep us posted

Originally posted by aumehta View Post
                Hello All,
                Finally I received the email from US Consulate Mumbai, asking me to submit my passport. From October 27, 2011 - February 1, 2012. I think this is it and if everything else goes smoothly, hopefully, they have cleared me and ready to issue me the much awaited visa.
                I went over and submitted my passport yesterday. Even though they do not mention in the email, a copy of I-797 (H1_B) is also required while submitting the passport. This is in addition to the 221g form with the envelope.
                Will keep posted

Dear Sir:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.
                Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

Your visa is ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General. Also, please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Comment

• @seek visa,
                  as per my attorney, when a person is issued a 221g, the admin processing is done locally. If they find insufficient/improper documents to support the case, they send the case back to USCIS for revocation. You could file a petition against it, but this is not recommended. Applying for a new H1B from a new employer would help.

As per my knowledge, yellow and pink slips refer to minor admin processing. A blue slip means they have to do additional check on your case which takes a longer time than usual.

It took more than a month for my employer to send me the required docs.
                  Interview: 2 December - 221g blue slip
                  Doc Submitted: 19 Jan

I'm in the same boat as you...
                  Good luck!!

Originally posted by seekvisa View Post
                  Hi I went for visa interview on 3rd Feb2012 got an blue 221g

documents asked are
                  1) IT returns of my company
                  2)Petitioner employee nsmes/ employers
                  3)A letter from the company stating my job vacancy
                  4)A detailed description of your job from the company.

Have been asked to send these docs in a grey colour enevelop in VFS drop box but not asked to submit the passport.

Please let know if my passport is not asked does it mean a negative sign.

My employer plans to give all these docs in the comming week.and i plan to submit them.
                  Please let me know the difference betn yellow/pink and blue.
                  Doe blue hold a detailed admin processing to go to the USCIS for additional checks, or it just to the Mumbai consulate.

Please let me know , thanks!!!

Comment

• @Orion - Thankr the info

Hence the 221g blue form seems more processing time .

Anywaz i will wait till i get the documentsa from the em,ployer and then submit it.
                    Keep me posted if you do hear anything more too !!!

Comment

• did the 221g blue form you recieved have it printed to submit the passport or did the CO say it just verbally to submit the passport along with the below documents to VFS drop box

Comment

• @ seek visa
                        No, my 221g did not mention submission of a passport. But I have read through the forums and found that some people do get asked for it (these cases take a shorter while, I assume)

To be frank, I'm in for a long haul here (2-6 weeks) Have no clue. We will just have to wait this period through.

Originally posted by seekvisa View Post
                        did the 221g blue form you recieved have it printed to submit the passport or did the CO say it just verbally to submit the passport along with the below documents to VFS drop box

Comment

• @nirupa84

I think as long as your case isn't sent back to the USCIS, the chances of getting a visa are still good. Just submit the required documents and wait for a reply. The processing times are from a few days to 3 months. (Based on the timelines posted on this thread)

Good Luck!

Originally posted by nirupa84 View Post
                          Hi

I received 221g green letter after I gor 22tg blue form checked with AAP. My passport is returned with the green form asking for the following documents. Can anyone please tell me the chances of my approval and the processing time? Did anyone encounter this situation. I was asked for following docs with 221g green letter

- I1797, I129, LCA - These were already there with consular. I gave them during my interview time
                          - DS 160 confirmation page
                          - H1 petioners letter
                          - H1 supporting docs
                          - Employment offer letter and agreement letter

Thanks
                          Nirupa

Comment

• help

@nirupa84 Hi I am Maulik Here. I got a 221g blue slip on 3rd Jan 2012 and i had to submit some additional documents (passport was not mentioned). Since the documents are confidential my Employer has directly submitted the required documents to the VFS in the Last week of January. DO you have any idea if this is fine? My employer/Attorney is saying its fine.. and they have done it before. Im a little skeptical if mumbai consulate accepts Documents directly from employer/Attorney. Please give your inputs.

Thanks,
                            Maulik

I think as long as your case isn't sent back to the USCIS, the chances of getting a visa are still good. Just submit the required documents and wait for a reply. The processing times are from a few days to 3 months. (Based on the timelines posted on this thread)

Good Luck![/QUOTE]

Comment

• @Orion: Hi I am Maulik Here. I got a 221g blue slip on 3rd Jan 2012 and i had to submit some additional documents (passport was not mentioned). Since the documents are confidential my Employer has directly submitted the required documents to the VFS in the Last week of January. DO you have any idea if this is fine? My employer/Attorney is saying its fine.. and they have done it before. Im a little skeptical if mumbai consulate accepts Documents directly from employer/Attorney. Please give your inputs.

Thanks,
                              Maulik

Good Luck![/QUOTE]

Comment

• Congrats @aumehta.

My case:
                                Interview date: 10/24
                                Documents submitted: 11/21
                                Got a letter on Saturday 2/4 (dated 12/23) stating my petition has been sent back to USCIS for review and possible revocation. Not lost hope yet .
                                Model: E-V-C.
                                Maybe goofed up somewhere in the interview on the Employer-Employee relation. Guys, all EVC people please be careful while representing your employer/vendor. All the very best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X