Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 months and an update

Originally posted by g1984 View Post
    I was Interviewed at Mumbai Consulate on December 5, 2011 and was given 221-G blue From. All the documents were submitted to Ahmedabad VFS on December 13, 2011. On December 29,2011, I received an email saying that my case is under " Administrative Processing". After all the wait I got a response from VFS to my Inquiry as below:

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As per the U.S. Consulate your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at their office.

Does anyone know what this means? Is anyone in the same situation?

Thank you!
    g1984: I am in the same boat as yours since Jan 2012. I had my interview on 10/24, issued a 221g blue and after a couple of months received a letter stating my case sent to USCIS for a review and possible revocation. No update since. Followed some other blog and some people their have been waiting for more then 6 months to as long as a year to get a reply from USCIS. The good news is in most cases that I have read so far - the petition is finally approved. What service center does your case belong to? Vermont has comparttively lesser wait times than California. All the best and keep us posted

Comment

• Hi Nikhilraj,

My case is with Vermont Center. The frustrating thing is they cannot decide for 7 months and now they need another year to process. May I ask you how you were contacted that your case has been sent back to USCIS. I get to know via a reply to my email to VFS helpdesk Mumbai. The Consulate has not directly contacted me.

Originally posted by nikhilaj View Post
      g1984: I am in the same boat as yours since Jan 2012. I had my interview on 10/24, issued a 221g blue and after a couple of months received a letter stating my case sent to USCIS for a review and possible revocation. No update since. Followed some other blog and some people their have been waiting for more then 6 months to as long as a year to get a reply from USCIS. The good news is in most cases that I have read so far - the petition is finally approved. What service center does your case belong to? Vermont has comparttively lesser wait times than California. All the best and keep us posted

Comment

• Originally posted by g1984 View Post
        Hi Nikhilraj,

My case is with Vermont Center. The frustrating thing is they cannot decide for 7 months and now they need another year to process. May I ask you how you were contacted that your case has been sent back to USCIS. I get to know via a reply to my email to VFS helpdesk Mumbai. The Consulate has not directly contacted me.
        @g1984 - as mentioned earlier, I got a letter from the consulate (hand delivered by Blue Dart) stating my case has been referred to USCIS for a review and possible revocation. The reason they mentioned is: "the beneficiary is not entitled to the accorded status" . What reason have they mentioned in your case? Mine is at California Service Center and I got to know that they are sitting on a heap of such cases - so the timeline might be well over 6 months. Hope you get reaffirmation sooner.

Comment

• @Nikhilraj - I have not been contacted by the consulate directly. VFS replied to inquiry email and mentioned that your case has been sent to Ketucky Consular Center and I may contact USCIS office for further information. Also, I should consider the case close at Mumbai Consulate. No reason have been given and the Consulate has not contacted me directly by any method (email, letter, call etc.). Is there a way to track such cases? Hope your wait is not too long.

Originally posted by nikhilaj View Post
          @g1984 - as mentioned earlier, I got a letter from the consulate (hand delivered by Blue Dart) stating my case has been referred to USCIS for a review and possible revocation. The reason they mentioned is: "the beneficiary is not entitled to the accorded status" . What reason have they mentioned in your case? Mine is at California Service Center and I got to know that they are sitting on a heap of such cases - so the timeline might be well over 6 months. Hope you get reaffirmation sooner.

Comment

• @sameerjan77
            Congrats, atleast your case has progressed and will you will get visa stamp very soon...

For me 15th has passed and now its time again to arrange for rent payments+other expense for next month...not sure how long the patience will last...anyway update us once you get your visa stamp.

Originally posted by sameerjan77 View Post
            PP, Printout of email and Pending letter.

Comment

• still have to pay rent for next mth

@AnandBlueSlip
              thanks...yes atleast the case has moved forward to the next step. At VFS I was told it will take 8-10 business days to get the passport.

I still have to pay rent for next mth (aug).
              I pray that all of us get through this ordeal with minor scratches.

Originally posted by AnandBlueSlip View Post
              @sameerjan77
              Congrats, atleast your case has progressed and will you will get visa stamp very soon...

For me 15th has passed and now its time again to arrange for rent payments+other expense for next month...not sure how long the patience will last...anyway update us once you get your visa stamp.

Comment

• 8 months and an update

Originally posted by g1984 View Post
                @Nikhilaj - I have not been contacted by the consulate directly. VFS replied to inquiry email and mentioned that your case has been sent to Ketucky Consular Center and I may contact USCIS office for further information. Also, I should consider the case close at Mumbai Consulate. No reason have been given and the Consulate has not contacted me directly by any method (email, letter, call etc.). Is there a way to track such cases? Hope your wait is not too long.
                g1984
                If you do have your receipt number for the petition, you can track it @ https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do
                Here, the status should change to something like [Status] - 'Post Decision Activity' with a [Content] : 'On [Date] a USCIS office has received this case from DOS with a request that we review it.......'

If your status shows as above, it means that USCIS has received your case for a review. It usually takes about 6 months for such cases to be adjudicated is what USCIS had replied to one of my employers query back in Feb 2012

All the very Best and may this long wait end sweeter for everybody of us.
                nj

Comment

• Hi,
                  i was handed a blue 221g slip from mumbai consulate on M1 visa. but the councillor didnt told me to submit any online docs on a particular mail like a word or pdf format...he just marked the last paragraph where a website was provided to check the status...but on the paper its written u have to submit docs online...so m confused whether i should go with the councillor and check the website daily or go with the slip and submit docs first...help me pls...note my visa is M1 visa which is for vocational studies...

Comment

• Passport couriered

Passport has been couriered. tomrrow then???

Comment

• Originally posted by sunsand2000 View Post
                      Hi,
                      i was handed a blue 221g slip from mumbai consulate on M1 visa. but the councillor didnt told me to submit any online docs on a particular mail like a word or pdf format...he just marked the last paragraph where a website was provided to check the status...but on the paper its written u have to submit docs online...so m confused whether i should go with the councillor and check the website daily or go with the slip and submit docs first...help me pls...note my visa is M1 visa which is for vocational studies...
                      I think you need to wait for your case status on the website. in some cases they email once the case status has changed.

Comment

• Re-affirmation from USCIS interview call from mumbai consulate

Does anyone have any tips for an interview with US consulate Mumbai office. My petition was rejected and send back to USCIS which has been reaffirmed and now waiting for an Interview call.
                        Anyone with past experience with the 2nd round of interview please share it.

Comment

• Approved

Finally...Feels Like india has won a gold at Olympics long before it started.

Recd my Passport at 3PM (thx to Bluedart).
                          It had the required stamping. so I m good to fly soon.

Comment

• Congratulations Sameer !!! (Wow its a Gold medal - Fantastic ....... we wish we will increase the number of gold medals very soon) .. Also do share your email id to get in touch with you in near future...

Now, no more wait for you ...Have safe trip back to US...and I am sure you will definitely avoid this painful stamping process again.... enjoy the life in USA ... Best Luck....

Comment

• congratulations

cool .. congratulations Sameer .. Have a safe flight back to US

Comment

• Congratulations

...U are out of the tunnel....have a safe trip!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X