Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method to track 221g case

Hi,

Are there any way to check status of 221g which is reliable.As there are different tracking method on site and through email/phone which provide different status.
    My case Interview date : 10th August 2012
    Document submitted : 10th October 2012
    Recently i has enquired about my case status and got reply as your case is “Delivered to post” which means your documents have been received by the post.

Any recent case of successful 221g approval?

Comment

• passport staus

i am getting following response when i send a mail to passportstatus email id "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" .... does anybody knows what does it mean.??

Comment

• Contact options for 221g case update

Originally posted by mbist View Post
        i am getting following response when i send a mail to passportstatus email id "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" .... does anybody knows what does it mean.??
        Please send mail to [email protected] with subject "Request for Specific Information" and provide details of ur passport,UID,CEAC and ask for update on your 221g case.They will reply in one day time.

Also u can try calling (91-120) 660-2222...press 1 then press 5 and enter your UID. You will have update on your case.

Thanks
        PP

Comment

• can u pls provide me the link , where u have checkd ur status . ..thx

Hi ,

can u pls provide me the link , where u have checkd ur status . ..thx
          so i can check mine ..

thanks!

Originally posted by vijayvisausa View Post
          @mumbaibkc221g

Congrats as very few EVC cases have been cleared and you are one of them. Really very happy for you.

For me i think this is the end of a long wait as i checked my case status online today and it shows

Response date : 20 july 2012

I have been patiently waiting since Dec 2011 and after submission of documents there was no update at all from consulate except Administrative Processing.
          I was working for the same emplyer -vendor -client since last 5 yrs and was positive about the decision but Consulate decision of refusal really a big shocker and i am unable to justify the decision.

Comment

• Any recent update on successful 221g case

Hi,

Guys any update on recent 221g approved cases.Please provide details about time taken for the approval these days.

Comment

• 221g cleared after 10 months

Here is my case detail
              Before interview I had read about 221g cases but I previously had 2 visas from the same consulate and hence was over confident that I won’t get 221g, also I had prepared in advance every document s related to 221g as mentioned on these forums.
              Mumbai Consulate, Direct Employment, Full time Employee
              Interview Date:07 sept 2012 for H1b and h4

Interview was short and basic question about the employer and work related. At the end of interview given blue slip requesting most of the documents from employer side and my paystub and bank statements. I requested VO that I have all the documents with me if he wants to review it and that I am already working in usa and I only have 2 weeks’ vacation time. VO reply is please submit the documents through VFS, I don’t have an answer to the outcome of the interview now but I will need at least a month’s time to review the documents

07 feb 2012: Doc’s submitted at vfs Mumbai since I had all the documents
              17 feb 2012: Received email from consulate to submit additional documents
              21 Feb 2012: Additional doc’s submitted
              05 Dec 2012: received email from consulate to submit passport
              07 dec2012: passport submitted to team Stanley for myself & spouse
              12 dec 2012: received call from blue dart to pick up passport, passport stamped with h1b visa and h4visa for spouse

In between the employer had initiated a query through congressman but the response given to them was the application is under administrative processing. Meanwhile calling VFS & DOS once a month was worthless, sometimes the response wud be “application is pending” or “application is under processing”

During these 10 months neither my employer was contacted by any agency including USCIS nor does my visa have any sort of annotation like “clearance received “especially for applicants who had undergone security checks through DOS. So I am pretty sure that my application was queued for review for 10 months or in simple words was just sitting at VO desk as I like to believe. Only advice to applicants who are planning to get stamp in india is to have back up for your things back in usa especially with rent, car, insurance payments & I pray that nobody has to wait this long for their visa.

All the Best, Anand

Originally posted by Padmanabha Patel View Post
              Hi,

Guys any update on recent 221g approved cases.Please provide details about time taken for the approval these days.

Comment

• Congrats Anand

Originally posted by AnandBlueSlip View Post
                Here is my case detail
                Before interview I had read about 221g cases but I previously had 2 visas from the same consulate and hence was over confident that I won’t get 221g, also I had prepared in advance every document s related to 221g as mentioned on these forums.
                Mumbai Consulate, Direct Employment, Full time Employee
                Interview Date:07 sept 2012 for H1b and h4

Interview was short and basic question about the employer and work related. At the end of interview given blue slip requesting most of the documents from employer side and my paystub and bank statements. I requested VO that I have all the documents with me if he wants to review it and that I am already working in usa and I only have 2 weeks’ vacation time. VO reply is please submit the documents through VFS, I don’t have an answer to the outcome of the interview now but I will need at least a month’s time to review the documents

07 feb 2012: Doc’s submitted at vfs Mumbai since I had all the documents
                17 feb 2012: Received email from consulate to submit additional documents
                21 Feb 2012: Additional doc’s submitted
                05 Dec 2012: received email from consulate to submit passport
                07 dec2012: passport submitted to team Stanley for myself & spouse
                12 dec 2012: received call from blue dart to pick up passport, passport stamped with h1b visa and h4visa for spouse

In between the employer had initiated a query through congressman but the response given to them was the application is under administrative processing. Meanwhile calling VFS & DOS once a month was worthless, sometimes the response wud be “application is pending” or “application is under processing”

During these 10 months neither my employer was contacted by any agency including USCIS nor does my visa have any sort of annotation like “clearance received “especially for applicants who had undergone security checks through DOS. So I am pretty sure that my application was queued for review for 10 months or in simple words was just sitting at VO desk as I like to believe. Only advice to applicants who are planning to get stamp in india is to have back up for your things back in usa especially with rent, car, insurance payments & I pray that nobody has to wait this long for their visa.

All the Best, Anand
                Hi Anand,

congratulations that you have got it finally. I have submitted my documents in June 2012 and still waiting. Same thing for me they have neither contacted lawyer or employer for anything, am not sure what they are doing or they have not reviewed the case even. It's good that my employer allowed me to work from here. Real status websie is keep changing message that they will be back in December. they keep changing message to next month every end of month. Good Luck to all guys and hope that every one will get through safely.

Comment

• CEAC tracker is back

Guys

CEAC tracker is back and you check your application status online.

Good Luck.

Originally posted by hirensv View Post
                  Hi Anand,

congratulations that you have got it finally. I have submitted my documents in June 2012 and still waiting. Same thing for me they have neither contacted lawyer or employer for anything, am not sure what they are doing or they have not reviewed the case even. It's good that my employer allowed me to work from here. Real status websie is keep changing message that they will be back in December. they keep changing message to next month every end of month. Good Luck to all guys and hope that every one will get through safely.

Comment

• Link has no update information

Originally posted by 221g_wait View Post
                    Guys

CEAC tracker is back and you check your application status online.

Good Luck.
                    This link has out dated info.Its always show Admin. processing.Rather you should call the call center and get latest update.

Thanks
                    PP

Comment

• CEAC Visa Status Tracker

This link has out dated info.Its always show Admin. processing.Rather you should call the call center and get latest update.

Thanks
                      PP
                      Padmanabha is right. I have checked for CEAC Code appeared in the list in Mumbai website(ready for stamping) they still appear as Administrative Processing. This Status tracker is not showing latest status or it shows administrative processing till you don't get stamp. Later it changes to Issued status.

It doesn't help you at all.

Thanks,

Hiren

Comment

• My wife got 221g blue.but turnaround time to issue visa was less than 1 week

Hi,

This forum has been helpful in so many ways. Thanks to all of you guys. Recently, my wife with our 1 year old son (born in US) went to India during Thanksgiving holidays. She has to go for H1 stamping since her petition is valid but visa expired.
                        I am in US on H1 visa currently. Before that, she has this complicated history of first getting H1 from Indian IT company in 2008 and then no project were available. So, she wanted to join me, so changed it to H4 in Mar 2009 and then came on 3 month vacation. At the end of the 3 months, she got a project here with the same company and went back and stamped the same H1 visa (petition was still valid) and came back in Jul 2009. End of 2009, the project got over and she again changed her status here to H4 to stay with me. She had to resign in Mar 2010 from the company since they were not giving more than 3 month vacation. Then she looked for jobs here and got a company that is ready to process her H1. Since she does not have to go through the regular queue since she already had a H1 earlier, a H1 petition was filed and approved. She started working from Aug 2010. Now, after that, she is going back for the 1st time. Speak about complications and it was mind-boggling to even think of the consequences she may face during her interview.
                        So, back to our current situation, she went for interview fully prepared with the required documents, in Mumbai on 10 Dec 2012 and got a 221g blue form. Hers is a EVC (Employer-Vendor-Client) model. We were expecting for the worst and wow, it happened for real. She had to submit bunch of documents (some of which she had already and some she had to get it) like literally, all options checked in that 221g form. She got back to her employer & client and they provided all the financial documents and proof for her having the project for the distant future. Both of them were good, just that they took a little long to send those letters. Of course, holidays time, least you can expect. But still, she got all the reqd.documents by New Year and she submitted them on 02-Jan-2013 after New Year. We were so concerned with the delays in Admin Processing and the Vendor in that EVC is so desperate that they want to change her. They were like convincing the client to look for new placement since she may not return. But, God's grace, she got an email on 07-Jan-2013 from consulate that visa processing is in final stage and to submit her passport. She went and did that on 08-Jan-2013 and she got her email on 10-Jan-2013 to collect the passport. Still we were not sure but the status on ceac tracker showed as Issued from Admin Processing. So, we were kind of happy but still want to see the visa on the passport. Today, 11-Jan-2013 she went and collected it and she had the visa on the passport.
                        The client, Vendor, Employer will be informed 14-Jan about her arrival and all will be set.
                        I hope I had provided enough hope. Please believe with a true heart guys. It will happen. I wish you all luck and everything to pray you all get it sooner. It's again, the complete set of documents that would make the difference. I can understand the frustration this may cause, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing is over yet. We were prepared for the worse any case. So, hope for the better.
                        Thanks to all of you guys and the admin of this forum. Keep the beliefs coming.
                        Just to sum up...
                        visa interview Mumbai: 10-Dec-2012 and 221g blue issued
                        Submitted documents: 02-Jan-2013
                        Passport submit email: 07-Jan-2013
                        Submitted Passport: 08-Jan-2013
                        Passport collect email: 10-Jan-2013
                        collected Passport: 11-Jan-2013 with valid stamped visa... :-)

All the best...

Cheers,
                        PB

Comment

• 221g case approved after 3 months

Hi guys,

Just to update on my 221g case.Finally i got mail for final processing after 3 months of wait,

interview date : 10th Aug
                          Docs submitted : 8th Oct
                          Email from consulate for final processing : 11th Jan

Good luck to all in 221g case.Never give up hope.

Thanks
                          PP

Comment

• Congrats

Hi guys,

Just to update on my 221g case.Finally i got mail for final processing after 3 months of wait,

interview date : 10th Aug
                            Docs submitted : 8th Oct
                            Email from consulate for final processing : 11th Jan

Good luck to all in 221g case.Never give up hope.

Thanks
                            PP
                            Congrats padmanabha..

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats

Originally posted by pb007 View Post
                            Hi,

This forum has been helpful in so many ways. Thanks to all of you guys. Recently, my wife with our 1 year old son (born in US) went to India during Thanksgiving holidays. She has to go for H1 stamping since her petition is valid but visa expired.
                            I am in US on H1 visa currently. Before that, she has this complicated history of first getting H1 from Indian IT company in 2008 and then no project were available. So, she wanted to join me, so changed it to H4 in Mar 2009 and then came on 3 month vacation. At the end of the 3 months, she got a project here with the same company and went back and stamped the same H1 visa (petition was still valid) and came back in Jul 2009. End of 2009, the project got over and she again changed her status here to H4 to stay with me. She had to resign in Mar 2010 from the company since they were not giving more than 3 month vacation. Then she looked for jobs here and got a company that is ready to process her H1. Since she does not have to go through the regular queue since she already had a H1 earlier, a H1 petition was filed and approved. She started working from Aug 2010. Now, after that, she is going back for the 1st time. Speak about complications and it was mind-boggling to even think of the consequences she may face during her interview.
                            So, back to our current situation, she went for interview fully prepared with the required documents, in Mumbai on 10 Dec 2012 and got a 221g blue form. Hers is a EVC (Employer-Vendor-Client) model. We were expecting for the worst and wow, it happened for real. She had to submit bunch of documents (some of which she had already and some she had to get it) like literally, all options checked in that 221g form. She got back to her employer & client and they provided all the financial documents and proof for her having the project for the distant future. Both of them were good, just that they took a little long to send those letters. Of course, holidays time, least you can expect. But still, she got all the reqd.documents by New Year and she submitted them on 02-Jan-2013 after New Year. We were so concerned with the delays in Admin Processing and the Vendor in that EVC is so desperate that they want to change her. They were like convincing the client to look for new placement since she may not return. But, God's grace, she got an email on 07-Jan-2013 from consulate that visa processing is in final stage and to submit her passport. She went and did that on 08-Jan-2013 and she got her email on 10-Jan-2013 to collect the passport. Still we were not sure but the status on ceac tracker showed as Issued from Admin Processing. So, we were kind of happy but still want to see the visa on the passport. Today, 11-Jan-2013 she went and collected it and she had the visa on the passport.
                            The client, Vendor, Employer will be informed 14-Jan about her arrival and all will be set.
                            I hope I had provided enough hope. Please believe with a true heart guys. It will happen. I wish you all luck and everything to pray you all get it sooner. It's again, the complete set of documents that would make the difference. I can understand the frustration this may cause, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing is over yet. We were prepared for the worse any case. So, hope for the better.
                            Thanks to all of you guys and the admin of this forum. Keep the beliefs coming.
                            Just to sum up...
                            visa interview Mumbai: 10-Dec-2012 and 221g blue issued
                            Submitted documents: 02-Jan-2013
                            Passport submit email: 07-Jan-2013
                            Submitted Passport: 08-Jan-2013
                            Passport collect email: 10-Jan-2013
                            collected Passport: 11-Jan-2013 with valid stamped visa... :-)

All the best...

Cheers,
                            PB

Comment

• Golden Email

Finally. I woke up Friday morning on 11th Jan and saw email from consulate to submit passport. Passport submitted to Team Stanley at Ahmedabad on same day. Today I have checked CEAC tracker and it shows ISSUED. huhhuuuu looks like it got stamped.

Friends still don't believe that I got visa and that's why I have not booked my tickets yet. I would be travelling back to US around 8th Feb.

Good Luck to all my friends and hope everyone will clear this beast call.

It took almost 7 months for me to get this email. I will update you guys with detail summary soon.

Thank you all. God bless everyone.

Comment

• Congrats Hiren.. Would you mind detailing you case history..Have a great trip.

Originally posted by hirensv View Post
                                Finally. I woke up Friday morning on 11th Jan and saw email from consulate to submit passport. Passport submitted to Team Stanley at Ahmedabad on same day. Today I have checked CEAC tracker and it shows ISSUED. huhhuuuu looks like it got stamped.

Friends still don't believe that I got visa and that's why I have not booked my tickets yet. I would be travelling back to US around 8th Feb.

Good Luck to all my friends and hope everyone will clear this beast call.

It took almost 7 months for me to get this email. I will update you guys with detail summary soon.

Thank you all. God bless everyone.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X