X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blueguy View Post
    @abhi 1985

My case is very similar to you
    I was staying in US for 4 years (F1 - H1)
    This is my first H1b visa stamping. Working full time
    Visa date : 19 dec, Got 221g blue form
    documents submitted on 27 Dec
    Now i am waiting for almost 2 months without any update from mumbai consulate
    @blueguy and abhi1985,

I also came home after 4 years, for a vacation and got the blue 221g when i went for my first H1 stamp on 20th Dec. I submitted the docs on 2nd Jan, and waiting ever since. It just seems like they dont like us coming back home after "so long".

abhi1985, can u tell me how did ur employers do the congressional inquiry?

Comment

• How many are sending emails to vfs helpline (which US consulate answers) for checking updates?
      I heard sending many reminders can hamper your case..they might delay further..
      I did send few emails in the beginning..got response after 16 th working day to submit my pay slips..then got response after another 5 working days to submit all documents again..
      Now I am not sending any emails...

Those who got VISA stamp after 221g were sending such emails?
      Could we all share our experience?

Comment

• @Vishal416

Tell your employer to contact local senators regarding your case.
        It might works.

@Sandeepiitm

I have sent an email to vfs on 13th feb regarding my case...haven't got any reply yet..
        In the past I got reply in 2-3 days...

Comment

• My case details

Have been going through this very long and useful thread. really appreciate the people who have updated with their valuable inputs and experience which has raised hope in me that even my case will be cleared. Let me tell u guys how my Intrvw went through:

Intrvw date: 24th Jan
          VISA type: H1B New - PREMIUM

Me: Hello Sir with a smile.
          VO: Stared at me as if I said Hello to his wife.
          VO: Asked for Passport and Petition
          Me: Gave them
          VO: Which client will u be working for?
          ME: ZZZ
          VO: What is the salary they are offering you?
          ME: $ZZZ
          VO: The name of the mgr from client side who assigns work to your company ?
          ME: ZZZ
          VO: What would be your Role?
          ME: Computer Programmer
          VO: Now there was a long pause. He kept on typing on his machine and in mean while my fingers where getting colder than ever. He took a blue form (of which I had no idea what it was) and started checking some options.
          VO: Are you single?
          ME: Yes sir.
          VO: Is this your first visit to US?
          ME: Yes sir.
          After taking few more mins he turned towards me and said I currently cannot approve your VISA. You need to submit addtnl documents which are checked in the list at a VFS counter and then they will further verify and if went through then will ask for my passport.
          ME: I was like Oh God!. I asked him with a smile, do I need to come back for an interview again?
          VO: No, you need not comeback again. Consulate will ask for your passport through courier for stamping.
          ME: I said thank you and moved out from there

After long research I found that Blue slip is not of a big deal and it is just further verification from Petitioner's side. However, I'm still confused b'cos I'm the only one from my company to have received the Blue form till date. There are hundred's of applicants every month who get their VISA's cleared. Unlucky me... :'(

Now I'm waiting for the requested documents from my employer. Hopefully they will submit it coming week. Will keep u guys posted with the status.
          Last edited by h1bscrewed; 02-16-2012, 08:30 PM. Reason: spell check

Comment

• @Vishal416 and abhi1985

did you employer receive any mail from mumbai consulate ??

Comment

• Originally posted by blueguy View Post
              @Vishal416 and abhi1985

did you employer receive any mail from mumbai consulate ??
              @blueguy,

no man... not yet... in fact i think the normal practise is to send the first confirmation to me saying to submit my passport... but my employer has already submitted my passport. so i dunno what happens next. When i called VFS they told me that since ur passport is already submitted, we might send an email/sms on the mobile no given (my employers and mine both), saying passport is ready for pickup..

Comment

• BEP anyone???

Any of you guys on this forum aware of the BEP program?

Comment

• H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

23rd January 2012 : Interview Date, Blue form issued with request for additional petitioner documents.
                  8th February: Documents Submitted, Passport not submitted
                  17th February: Still Waiting!!!!

Comment

• Recently, I have sent an e-mail to VFS help desk regarding status of my application:-

Reply from Consulate:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate your case is still under pending status.
                    Applicants who applied for visas at the U.S. Consulate in Mumbai can now check the status of their pending visa application on the website at
                    If an applicant’s CEAC barcode appears on one of the lists, he/she can submit the passport with the pending letter to the nearest VFS office. If the Consulate General determines the need for any additional information from the applicant, the Consulate will contact the applicant directly via email.
                    Regards,

Comment

• Originally posted by maulikmehta123 View Post
                      @Vishal416 I guess the Help line people are uselss.. But they have time and again said..that they are not accepting couriers. Although I dont trust them but since my employer is now sending me the documents, I think I will submit it myself.. So that atleast I will know they are going to process it. Lets see how it goes
                      @maulikmehta123: do you heard anything from VFS? My is also same case, i submitted documents on 11th Feb 2012. Still no response.

Comment

• Today i received an email and SMS from VFS, below is the email excerpt.

"Your passport with ref no. 900 YYYY YYYY is ready for delivery by courier except H.A.L. You may also collect it Today from the VFS Mumbai centre between 5 p.m. - 5.30 p.m. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email"

My case history:
                        Interview date: 5th Jan, 2012
                        221g Blue Slip
                        Documents submitted on: 23rd Jan, 2012
                        Consulate: Mumbai
                        Email from VFS: 17th Feb, 2012

I am very worried as i didnt submit my passport along with my documents.

I also havent received an email from the consulate to submit the passport.

I am wondering what they must have sent in the courier?

Experts please comment.

Fingers crossed. God bless.

Comment

• That's a standard reply I get everytime I inquire (Once in 10-12 days)

Comment

• Originally posted by karishmashah06 View Post
                            Today i received an email and SMS from VFS, below is the email excerpt.

"Your passport with ref no. 900 YYYY YYYY is ready for delivery by courier except H.A.L. You may also collect it Today from the VFS Mumbai centre between 5 p.m. - 5.30 p.m. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email"

My case history:
                            221g Blue Slip

Experts please comment.

That is very weird. I wonder what happens behind those closed doors of the embassy.Call the VFS as soon as possible and get this sorted out. I believe they would simply ask you to submit your passport. This has to be some admin error. Good Luck!

Comment

• I complete 1 month today since submission of my docs. Still waiting!

Interview: 2 Dec 2011, Blue Slip
                              Docs: 19 Jan 2012
                              (Direct employment at a startup. Have spent 3yrs on F1 already.)

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Getting more tensed

I received an SMS from BLUE DART today morning saying that my processed visa application no. 900 YYYY ZZZ will be delivered to me from 3 pm to 6 pm.

I have my passport with me and havent received an email to submit the passport.
                                I am completely tensed and worried.

I dont know what is coming my way. Hoping for best.

Fingers crossed.God bless all.

Originally posted by karishmashah06 View Post
                                Today i received an email and SMS from VFS, below is the email excerpt.

My case history:
                                221g Blue Slip

Experts please comment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X