H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandeeptosh View Post
    @maulikmehta123: do you heard anything from VFS? My is also same case, i submitted documents on 11th Feb 2012. Still no response.

@sandeep No man No updates yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by maulikmehta123 View Post
      @sandeep No man No updates yet.
      @Maulikmehta123: when did you submitted the docs? I will keep you posted once i hear

Comment

• Originally posted by karishmashah06 View Post
        I received an SMS from BLUE DART today morning saying that my processed visa application no. 900 YYYY ZZZ will be delivered to me from 3 pm to 6 pm.

I have my passport with me and havent received an email to submit the passport.
        I am completely tensed and worried.

I dont know what is coming my way. Hoping for best.

Fingers crossed.God bless all.

So do you have an update? What happened?

Comment

• Has anyone got a recent e-mail regarding the Passport submission?????

Comment

• Originally posted by abhi1985 View Post
            Has anyone got a recent e-mail regarding the Passport submission?????
            still waiting.. 45 days and counting.

Comment

• 221g blue form

Is anybody got a letter from consulate saying that they sent petition and supporting documents to Kentucky Consular Center for reivew ? If yes, anybody knows what would be the next steps and how long this process takes?

Comment

• Good luck.
                I am still waiting to get update from consulate.

Comment

• 221(g) aap

Interview date Jan 13, All docs retained, but passport was given back.

40 days...Still counting

Regards
                  Krish

Comment

• 23rd January 2012 : Interview Date, Blue form issued with request for additional petitioner documents.
                    8th February: Documents Submitted, Passport not submitted

23rd February I finished a month after the interview
                    2 weeks after document submission.

Comment

• 30 days and counting

Interview date: 23rd December 2011 (received 221g blue)
                      Docs submission: 23rd January 2012
                      No response from embassy yet...

However i have a question, don't know if anyone has similar case...

I was working in the US from 2009-2011. In 2011 my company applied for extension of visa and successfully got it renewed for another 3 years expiring in 2014. I received all extension documents (renewed 797C and I94) while in the US. In 2011 I decided to travel to my home country, India.To get back to US I had to apply for new H1b visa stamp as original expired in 2011 September. However, visa officer gave me 221(g) blue form requesting to submit additional documents for further 'admin processing'. Which I did almost a month back but no reply yet, he also cancelled my old H1B visa stamp which was already expired.

Now I do hold valid B1/B2 visa expiring 2017. Can i use it to enter US and continue working with same employer as I have valid 797C through 2014?

Anyone has any idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by montyp80 View Post
                        Interview date: 23rd December 2011 (received 221g blue)
                        Docs submission: 23rd January 2012
                        No response from embassy yet...

However i have a question, don't know if anyone has similar case...

I was working in the US from 2009-2011. In 2011 my company applied for extension of visa and successfully got it renewed for another 3 years expiring in 2014. I received all extension documents (renewed 797C and I94) while in the US. In 2011 I decided to travel to my home country, India.To get back to US I had to apply for new H1b visa stamp as original expired in 2011 September. However, visa officer gave me 221(g) blue form requesting to submit additional documents for further 'admin processing'. Which I did almost a month back but no reply yet, he also cancelled my old H1B visa stamp which was already expired.

Now I do hold valid B1/B2 visa expiring 2017. Can i use it to enter US and continue working with same employer as I have valid 797C through 2014?

Anyone has any idea?

If i understand correctly, you can enter the country on ur B1/B2 visa and work. However, I guess they ll issue u a new I94 based on ur B1/B2 visa (might be for 3 mnths or so). The I94 u received with ur renewed H1B wud not be of use, since you now gonna travel on B1/B2. Also, I think you can work on B1/B2 for 3 mnths, but you might wanna talk to ur employer's lawyers since ideally you have a 221g for your H1 which is under process rt now, which means that they do not expect you to re enter the country till their verification is over. You might wanna double check on this.

Comment

• Hello Guys,
                          New H1B Interview date 3rd Jan 2012 in Mumbai consulate, Got 221g Blue form with a list of additional docs from petitioner. Also it was mentioned on the form that I should submit the docs along with this 221g form in a grey envolope at the VFS.

In February 1st week my Employer had mailed the documents directly to the VFS but I got to know from VFS that Mumbai consulate does not accept docs via courier even if they are confidential. So my Office mailed me the documents again at my residence. I submitted all the docs alongwith the 221g letter in a grey envolope on Feb 23. My passport is still with me. Im expecting 1 month to 45 days from now

Just want to know has any of you guys submitted the docs alongwith the original 221g letter?

Please give inputs..

Comment

• Interview date:-7th Dec
                            Documents submitted on 23rd Dec.
                            Waiting for response from Consulate....

Comment

• thanks

Originally posted by vishal416 View Post
                              If i understand correctly, you can enter the country on ur B1/B2 visa and work. However, I guess they ll issue u a new I94 based on ur B1/B2 visa (might be for 3 mnths or so). The I94 u received with ur renewed H1B wud not be of use, since you now gonna travel on B1/B2. Also, I think you can work on B1/B2 for 3 mnths, but you might wanna talk to ur employer's lawyers since ideally you have a 221g for your H1 which is under process rt now, which means that they do not expect you to re enter the country till their verification is over. You might wanna double check on this.
                              hey Vishal, thanks for your insight. I asked few lawyers and they were of the same opinion. Except that i will not be able to work if i enter again on B1/B2 as i will be in violation of my status. I can only work in US if i enter on H1 visa.

Did you talk to your employer or are you consulting any lawyer to help you cut down the wait period by submitting additional documents on Lawyer's suggestion? Or are you just waiting to hear back from embassy? Please share your experience.

Thanks
                              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by maulikmehta123 View Post
                                Hello Guys,
                                New H1B Interview date 3rd Jan 2012 in Mumbai consulate, Got 221g Blue form with a list of additional docs from petitioner. Also it was mentioned on the form that I should submit the docs along with this 221g form in a grey envolope at the VFS.

In February 1st week my Employer had mailed the documents directly to the VFS but I got to know from VFS that Mumbai consulate does not accept docs via courier even if they are confidential. So my Office mailed me the documents again at my residence. I submitted all the docs alongwith the 221g letter in a grey envolope on Feb 23. My passport is still with me. Im expecting 1 month to 45 days from now

Just want to know has any of you guys submitted the docs alongwith the original 221g letter?

Please give inputs..
                                Yes, I submitted mine with the original 221g letter and at the counter they also asked me to submit the copy of the petition. Docs Submitted: 19th Jan. Waiting over a month now!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X