H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Orion and Blueguy

did you guys check the Case status pdf on the consulate website?? did ur barcode no. appear in there?

I think i read somewhere that Blue 221g cases are not updated on that site, so can you double check there in case you havent yet?

Comment

• UPDATE:
      This is funny. I submitted my passport today at 3:00pm and received an email at 5:00pm saying my passport is ready and out for delivery. Now, thats lighting fast! Should get it by tomorrow.
      2months vs 2hours

did you guys check the Case status pdf on the consulate website?? did ur barcode no. appear in there?

I think i read somewhere that Blue 221g cases are not updated on that site, so can you double check there in case you havent yet?
      I checked, it didn't appear on the website.

Comment

• Congrats

Hi
        Congrats Orion06 and Blueguy
        Good news has brought some smile

Interview Date:12 Jan
        Documents Sub: 27 Jan

Comment

• Upate from my side :

I submitted passport today @ 9:00 AM and got mail at 5:00 PM that passport is ready to pick up. Thats really quick

my barcode number never appeared in the pdf file

Comment

• Hi guys, here is my whole experience of H1b visa stamping.

interview date: 19th December, 2011
            document submitted: 23th December, 2012

got first letter from consulate on 19th Feb saying that my case sent back to USCIS for review. Petition got reaffirmed on 1st march, 2012. on 28th March, got email from consulate to submit passport at VFS and received passport with VISA on 30th march.

Originally posted by blueguy View Post
            Upate from my side :

I submitted passport today @ 9:00 AM and got mail at 5:00 PM that passport is ready to pick up. Thats really quick

my barcode number never appeared in the pdf file

Comment

• Hi Hpatel

To Hpatel,

first of all congrats for Visa!
              as u said.. "my barcode number never appeared in the pdf file"
              so u mean to ur barcode number were not appeared in pdf list and u got direct mail from
              VFS.right ?

even my case is 221g and i had submited docs on 20th Jan-12 (interview date is 20th Dec-11)
              still i m waiting for reply...
              should i sent mail to VFS about my case status updates..?
              pls guide me..or post ur experience ..

thanks!

Originally posted by hpatel48 View Post
              Hi guys, here is my whole experience of H1b visa stamping.

interview date: 19th December, 2011
              document submitted: 23th December, 2012

got first letter from consulate on 19th Feb saying that my case sent back to USCIS for review. Petition got reaffirmed on 1st march, 2012. on 28th March, got email from consulate to submit passport at VFS and received passport with VISA on 30th march.

Comment

• Congrats @Hpatel and all the very best for your trip.

It seems this week was a very good week for the people who had an interview in Dec 2011.
                Guys lets hope for for the best for all those cases which are still pending. My interview was on Dec 14 and submitted docs on Dec 29. I had no updates at all after that. It more than 3 months still waiting....
                Last edited by vijayvisausa; 03-30-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Got the Email from Consulate!!

Hey Guys,

I finally got the email from the consulate that they are ready for Final Processing. I will be submitting my passport on Monday. Hopefully now the ride wont get rough. I ll keep you guys updated.

My case in a nutshell:
                  Visa Intv date: 20th Dec 201. I got the blue 221g asking for Employer documents only (4 of them), non Employee docs.
                  Docs submitted on 6th Jan 2012
                  Received email from Consulate to submit docs on 30th March 2012.

I dont feel qualified enuf to advice ppl on their 221g cases, but all i can say is that hold on to ur frustrations, and you ll definitely see light at the end of the tunnel, some day.

In wish the very best for all my fellow friends on this forum.

Comment

• Awesome...Great news @Vishal416.

Thanks for morale booster. I been patiently waiting.Lets see how many more days now.
                    All the very best to you.
                    Last edited by vijayvisausa; 03-30-2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• @Hpatel48 & Vishal416..

Great News..
                      Congrats..
                      I am waiting since 23rd december...
                      Model:E-C

Comment

• @vishal416 , @Hpatel
                        Congratulations Friends. Getting 4 news in a week is really a booster for all.

I almost lost the hope of my case but seeing you people giving me some more strength to go through this phase.

GOD will help us all.

Comment

• Time taken to stamp H-1B visas - Mumbai US Consulate

Does anybody know approximately how long the Mumbai US Consulate takes to stamp visas once the passport is submitted to VFS? I may sound a little paranoid, but I have tickets re-booked for Thursday, April 5 (i.e. Wednesday night) and it's been 4 days already post submission of my passport. I've already spent ~$400 for re-scheduling my ticket (a victim of 221g myself, but received clearance in 19 days) and if I don't receive my stamped passport in time for my flight this Thursday, I may have to shell out another $400-500.

BTW, congrats to all who recently received their visas and good luck to those waiting to hear back about their 221g .

Comment

• @Orion06

Did you receive your passport today ??

Comment

• Originally posted by blueguy View Post
                              @Orion06

Did you receive your passport today ??

@blueguy and Orion

did u guys not pick up the passport from the VFS directly??

Comment

• Originally posted by g_enhomme View Post
                                Does anybody know approximately how long the Mumbai US Consulate takes to stamp visas once the passport is submitted to VFS? I may sound a little paranoid, but I have tickets re-booked for Thursday, April 5 (i.e. Wednesday night) and it's been 4 days already post submission of my passport. I've already spent ~$400 for re-scheduling my ticket (a victim of 221g myself, but received clearance in 19 days) and if I don't receive my stamped passport in time for my flight this Thursday, I may have to shell out another $400-500.

BTW, congrats to all who recently received their visas and good luck to those waiting to hear back about their 221g .
                                I have heard that normally it takes arnd 4-7 days, but then there have been cases where passport was ready on the same day for pickup. So i guess this also depends.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X