X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Orion06..

Congrats..
    Have safe trip back to USA..
    Please pray for us to get VISA as soon as possible..

Comment

• @Sandeep,@Vijay @g1984..

Last week I sent an e-mail to VFS HELPDESK MUMBAI to know the status of my application.
      Haven't received any response form consulate yet...
      Are you guys facing the same problem????

Comment

• @Orion06
        Can you please tell if waybill number was generated in your case ?? Were you able to track your passport online ?? Because in my case waybill number is not generated and i cannot track my passport. Bluedart is saying they dont have my passport

Comment

• @abhi1985

I sent an email today morning to VFS for my case status. Yesterday the email bounced back so i tried today and it worked. I have to wait another 2-3 days to hear any reply from them as their standard policy of replying emails. Well last time i enquired in Feb and they came back asking me to check case status online PDF file. But AFAIK the PDF file gets updated for yellow slip, I seldom find blue slip case barcode number in PDF.. Lets hope for the best and keep posting.

Comment

• @abhi1985 and @Vijay

I had sent an email to MUMBAI VFS Helpdesk ([email protected]) last week on March 26th. They replied today few minutes back saying "As per the US Consulate your file is under review, please be informed that they cannot estimate a timeframe to conclude the case when pending admin processing."

I was interviewed on Dec 9th 2011 for fresh H1B stamping and submitted docs on Dec 13th.

Originally posted by vijayvisausa View Post
            @abhi1985

I sent an email today morning to VFS for my case status. Yesterday the email bounced back so i tried today and it worked. I have to wait another 2-3 days to hear any reply from them as their standard policy of replying emails. Well last time i enquired in Feb and they came back asking me to check case status online PDF file. But AFAIK the PDF file gets updated for yellow slip, I seldom find blue slip case barcode number in PDF.. Lets hope for the best and keep posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by orion06 View Post
              Yippee! Received my passport few minutes back! On top of the world!!
              Good luck to everyone!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
              Recap:
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------
              27 OCT: Enter India. Celebrate Diwali with family after three years.
              15 NOV: H1b petition approved
              ---Embassy moves to BKC from Mahalaxmi. No immediate dates available.---
              2 DEC: Interview. Receive Blue 221g
              6 JAN: Receive docs from employer. But upon inspection I see missing signatures.
              18 JAN: New docs arrive from employer
              19 JAN: Submit docs at embassy
              ---waiting---email vfs 3 thrice---called them twice---
              28 MARCH: Receive email to submit Passport. CEAC code never appears online.
              29 MARCH: Submit passport
              30 MARCH: Receive package from Bluedart. Heart in the mouth. Contains Yellow 221g and submitted docs, asking for passport
              3 APRIL: Finally passport in hands
              @ Orion:

Awesome and congratulations! Was your visa stamped for the the duration mentioned on your I-797? Also, @VFS, when collecting your passport, did you have to show a print out of the VFS email?

Comment

• Originally posted by g_enhomme View Post
                @ Orion:

Awesome and congratulations! Was your visa stamped for the the duration mentioned on your I-797? Also, @VFS, when collecting your passport, did you have to show a print out of the VFS email?
                @ Orion:

Read one of your older threads. You said you graduated from an IVY league school. @ the Crimson by any chance?

Comment

• @ Orion
                  Congrats again. Seeing your result many of us started hoping for good results.
                  Looks like many from Dec interview batch are waiting.
                  Lets keep updating our experiences here..

Comment

• Originally posted by blueguy View Post
                    @Orion06
                    Can you please tell if waybill number was generated in your case ?? Were you able to track your passport online ?? Because in my case waybill number is not generated and i cannot track my passport. Bluedart is saying they dont have my passport
                    no, I never saw a tracking number for bluedart. The passport just came at noon at my residence.

Comment

• Originally posted by g_enhomme View Post
                      @ Orion:

Read one of your older threads. You said you graduated from an IVY league school. @ the Crimson by any chance?
                      yeah the date is as mentioned on the i797c.they ate my 4 months via waiting.nope not crimsom.

Comment

• hi

Originally posted by orion06 View Post
                        yeah the date is as mentioned on the i797c.they ate my 4 months via waiting.nope not crimsom.
                        Heartiest Congratulations Orion06
                        All the best thanks for your updates and please pray for us

Comment

• Finally received passport. My case progress is exactly same as orion06
                          good luck to all !!

Comment

• @orion and @blueguy

Congrats to both of you..
                            Hope the same happens with all those who are waiting

Comment

• Received my passport/visa this morning directly from VFS, Mumbai. I was told Blue Dart won't deliver to my address in Mumbai (the weirdest thing I've heard in a while, especially since Blue Dart has delivered my father's passport to the same physical address on two different occasions). Visa stamping took exactly 6 days post submission of passport at the VFS office, Mumbai. My case was resolved in ~30 days.

I know it's easier for me to say this, but to those of you waiting to hear back from the Consulate, hang in there. Good things will happen.

Good luck all!

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingsincejanuary2012 View Post
                                Hello,

I had my second H1B stamping interview on January 3 2012 at mumbai consulate. I am direct employee of a large chemical company(in US since 2003). I was handed over Green 221g and asked to submit few documetns related to research and job profile. My CEAC barcode appeared on february 9, 2012. My wife and I have submitted passsport on February 10, 2012 for stamping at VFS location. As of now (April 3, 2012) we are still waiting to get our passport back from consulate.
                                It is being 3 months since our first interview and close to two months after submission of passport.
                                The passport tracking system is useless and shows “under process at US consulate”. Does anybody knowshow much time it takes to get passport back from consulate after completion of 221G? Is this normal delay?
                                Contacting VFS several times is also useless.
                                Any suggestion would be a great help.

Regards,
                                You may have already done this, but have you tried emailing VFS ([email protected])? I did that when I never heard back from the after 4 days of submitting my passport for visa stamping. My case was similar to yours but my ordeal was over in ~30 days. You could even try calling the DOS and explaining your case since it's been quite a while since you received your clearance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X