No announcement yet.

H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. How much time it takes to get the passport back from VFS.
    >>> If the passport is handed over to VFS by Consulate, it will take 2 weeks to get it via courier. You can also collect it in person at the VFS officer at the consulate if it is not handed over to courier for dispatch.

2. Will i get any EMail/SMS when VFS get the passport from US Consulate?
    >>> No.

3. Since US consulate asked me to submit my passport, Does it mean that they will issue my Visa?
    >>> You cannot be sure about it until you get the passport in hand and see the visa stamped. There are cases where the passport was returned back with a new 221g.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

• Thanks Shervin !!
      2 Weeks more?? I don;t know when will i have piece in my life?
      I heard that when VFS gets the passport from Consulate they do send an EMAIL and SMS to the contact number which we give but anyway lets wait for 2 more weeks.

Anyone else got an email to submit your passport??

Comment

• I Called DOS to check my Visa Status and came to know that it is still under administrative process.
        I don't know when they will throw me out of this AP process. Tired of getting same update from everyone. i don;t see any value add of having dedicated helpline to update us with word "Still in Pending and we don;t know until Consulate update about yout case"

Really frustating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayur25 View Post
          I Called DOS to check my Visa Status and came to know that it is still under administrative process.
          I don't know when they will throw me out of this AP process. Tired of getting same update from everyone. i don;t see any value add of having dedicated helpline to update us with word "Still in Pending and we don;t know until Consulate update about yout case"

Really frustating.
          you should get visa soon... what you can do is first verify with VFS if they received your PPT and they have send it consulate.

In my case I submitted PPT on 6-Jun but VFS has entry of 11-Jun of passport submission and on 13 -Jun I have received email from VFS to collect passport and received PPT via courier on next day with stamped visa

Comment

• 221g new delhi embassy

Congratulations Scorpio2011 for your visa and thanks for sharing ur experience.

Hope everyone gets out soon from this 221g wait....

Comment

• 221g yellow in Jan

Hello guys,

am new to this forum. been waiting since Jan. Almost 5 months and no docs asked. Anyone got visa after such a long wait?

Comment

• @jas_1,

There are some who are waiting from Dec 2011 and have not yet got the most awaited visa.
                I am one of them waiting from 20th Dec 2011.

Comment

• 221g new delhi embassy

@jas_1
                  which emabssy did u go for yr interview...

@Mayur25
                  did u get back ur passport ?

Originally posted by jas_1 View Post
                  Hello guys,

am new to this forum. been waiting since Jan. Almost 5 months and no docs asked. Anyone got visa after such a long wait?

Comment

• Hi, i was the silent observer for last two months.
                    Here is the details of my case.
                    April - received 221g to submit additional documents.
                    May - submitted the documents and received mail to submit PP after 3 weeks.
                    June - Received PP in a weeks time.

Thanks for all support and knowledge shared in the forum. At last, patience is the key.

Comment

• 12 months and counting here....

Originally posted by samchava View Post
                      @jas_1,

There are some who are waiting from Dec 2011 and have not yet got the most awaited visa.

Comment

• Originally posted by 221gpal View Post
                        @jas_1
                        which emabssy did u go for yr interview...

@Mayur25
                        did u get back ur passport ?
                        Note Yet...
                        Called DOS and they told that your case is still under administrative process. I informaed that.. I got an email from US Consulate to submit my passport then how come it is still under administrative process? She was like.. If they asked you to submit then you should be getting visa soon.

As per me, there are many gaps in the visa system and it's not transperent to applicant.
                        Not sure how much more time i should wait to get my passport with stamp?????
                        It's really frustating.

Comment

• Originally posted by samchava View Post
                          @jas_1,

@jas_1, @samchava,
                          I am also waiting from 30th Dec 2011. No documents asked after submission. :-(
                          Not sure how long to wait!!

Comment

• just for your info .. There is a separate thread for 221g yellow Mumbai ..

Originally posted by jas_1 View Post
                            Hello guys,

Comment

• 7 months wait comes to an end

I received the passport with VISA yesterday. Had to wait for 7 months in India to get it. Will be travelling to US on saturday.

Case –

Dec 1st week – went for H1B renewal stamping at Mumbai consulate. Was given a 221g for employee – employer relationship.

Feb 1st week – VFS responded(to the innumerable queries i sent them) saying that the petition was sent to USCIS.

Feb last week – USCIS reaffirmed the petition and sent the re affirmed petition to my employer. I sent a mail to vfs mumbai asking for next steps.

April 1st week – It took mumbai consulate 1 month to call me for interview. At the second interview the VO called the previous VO who took my interview in dec. They were very hostile and had the 221g ready even before the interview started. On the 221g they asked for documents that one has to submit only in case of civil court cases – like phone records, plane tickets, etc. In short, they thought I was a fraud. The next day I sent a mail to consulate to withdraw the VISA case to which they never replied back with.

April last week – Convinced the Vendor to transfer my H1.

May 3rd week – Transfer Petition approved by USCIS.

June 15th – VISA interview at Chennai (didnt want to go to mumbai). Granted VISA approval.

Questions asked –

1. Where are u going in US?

Told her the state

2. Which company?

Told her the name.

3. What do they (company) do?

Told her the answer I prepared for (The company is US based technology consulting firm and has good presence in US and India)

4. Where will you be working?

Told her the Vendor office address.

5. So you will not be working for a client?

I will be working for a client. Told her client name and address. But the employer has their own development center and I have nothing to do with the client.

6. What is ur highets qualification?

BE comp

7. So this is your first time with the employer?

Yes.

8. And you have been in the US before?

Yes.

9. Can I have ur old passport?

I gave her the old one. It had the previous VISA in it. She stamped it with “Cancelled without prejudice”

10. Can I see your I-129 and letter to USCIS?

Gave her the two documents. She checked them and said that she is approving the VISA and it should arrive in a week’s time.

I got the passport in 2 working days.

No questions were asked about the 221g case.

Comment

• 221g new delhi embassy

@bluehat
                                Congratulations!!!

Tried contacting DOS/VFS no use...no help...contacted Senator/Congressman no help......frustrating for people like us...as its just wait and watch game...no one can really do anything to help us...waiting since past 3 months and no results yet nothing asked as such as the documents were submitted during the interview on the same Visa counter ....

any suggestions highly appreciated...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X