H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Interview

@mumbaibkc221g: congrats on your reaffirmation. Can you tell me when was your case sent back to USCIS and which service center did it belong to? I am kind of in the same state (minus the reaffirmation) since Jan 2012

All the best and don't worry, you have cleared a major hurdle and now should get your stamping soon

nikhilaj

Comment

• Thanks Nikhilaj however the link is not working.
      My case was sent back on 23rd Jan 2012 and was reaffirmed on 23rd Feb and got the 797c on 28 March 2012

Comment

• Got the E-Mail from Consulate

Hello Everyone,

After long long wait my case moved forward. Actually I received the email last Friday...unfortunately I didnt check my mail box till today evening. Tomorrow I will submit my PP and pending letter at VFS @Pune. Fingers crossed now...

Dear Sir:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

Comment

• Very good news .. congratulations .. hope this marks the end of your 221g journey
          and Thank God Mumbai consulate people are working.
          On a lighter note .. you should now change your user name from h1bscrewed -> h1bapproved

Originally posted by h1bscrewed View Post
          Hello Everyone,

After long long wait my case moved forward. Actually I received the email last Friday...unfortunately I didnt check my mail box till today evening. Tomorrow I will submit my PP and pending letter at VFS @Pune. Fingers crossed now...

Dear Sir:

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

Comment

• congrats man !

Can you please explain your case and timeline briefly ?

Hello Everyone,

Dear Sir:

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

Comment

• Overview of my Case

Originally posted by kamalpatel221 View Post
              congrats man !

Can you please explain your case and timeline briefly ?
              Thanks Chirag and Kamal! I seriously hope that this would be the end of my 221g journey.

Brief view of my case:

Intrvw date: 24th Jan
              VISA type: H1B New - PREMIUM
              Docs Submitted: 2nd May (By company - not sure y they took so much time to get a Emp-Client relationship document and couple of others)
              On 12th June VFS updates that my case is still under Pending status.
              On 12th July when I called again both (VFS & DOS), they confirmed that it is under Admin Processing.
              Received email: 20th July

Comment

• Congrats!!

Good to hear cases are getting processed/approved...Great news...update us once you get ur pp stamped:-)

Hello Everyone,

Dear Sir:

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

Comment

• Submitted the Passport at VFS Pune

Today I Submitted my Passport, I797 and email copy at VFS@Pune. They didnt take the Pending letter, and also confirmed me that it will reach Mumbai Consulate tomorrow(Wednesday) and depending on consulate they will receive the Passport back. Once they receive the PP I will receive an email saying "My PP is ready for pickup at Mumbai VFS". But that would be available for 30mins window. After that it will be handed over to Bluedart.

The real problem is I'm leaving to my hometown this Friday morning. If I dont receive the courier before that then how can I manage? I stay along with my friends here at Pune. Can I leave one my photo id and ask some one to pretend as he is me. :P
                  I want to do this because I cant njoy my stay at home unless I know if I got stamped or not..

Suggestions please!!!
                  Last edited by h1bscrewed; 07-24-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• How did u check with VFS tht ur case moved to "under pending " status ?

Thanks Chirag and Kamal! I seriously hope that this would be the end of my 221g journey.

Brief view of my case:

Intrvw date: 24th Jan
                    VISA type: H1B New - PREMIUM
                    Docs Submitted: 2nd May (By company - not sure y they took so much time to get a Emp-Client relationship document and couple of others)
                    On 12th June VFS updates that my case is still under Pending status.
                    On 12th July when I called again both (VFS & DOS), they confirmed that it is under Admin Processing.
                    Received email: 20th July

Comment

• Originally posted by kamalpatel221 View Post
                      How did u check with VFS tht ur case moved to "under pending " status ?
                      I got reply to query sent to [email protected].

Comment

• VFS website states

C. If a representative is collecting the passport on your behalf, even in case of family members they MUST carry:
                        1. The original HDFC fee receipt along with a clear photocopy. Immigrant visa applicants need to produce original and photocopy of the VFS receipt in place of the HDFC receipt.
                        2. The original government recognized photo id .Eg: Pan Card , Driving license or Voter’s id card of the representative along with a photocopy
                        3. Original authority letter signed by the applicant, authorizing the representative to collect the passport. The authority letter must contain the following information :
                        Full name of the representative as mentioned on the photo id card.
                        Name of the applicant whose passport is to be collected.
                        HDFC Receipt number of applicant whose passport is to be collected. Immigrant visa applicants must mention the VFS receipt number on the letter.

Please note : In case of a group / family, a single authority letter with the required information of each of the applicant’s will be accepted.

We regret the inconvenience this might cause you however due to security concerns and to ensure the safe return of your passport, we will be unable to counter deliver the passport if any of the above mentioned documents are not available.

Today I Submitted my Passport, I797 and email copy at VFS@Pune. They didnt take the Pending letter, and also confirmed me that it will reach Mumbai Consulate tomorrow(Wednesday) and depending on consulate they will receive the Passport back. Once they receive the PP I will receive an email saying "My PP is ready for pickup at Mumbai VFS". But that would be available for 30mins window. After that it will be handed over to Bluedart.

The real problem is I'm leaving to my hometown this Friday morning. If I dont receive the courier before that then how can I manage? I stay along with my friends here at Pune. Can I leave one my photo id and ask some one to pretend as he is me. :P
                        I want to do this because I cant njoy my stay at home unless I know if I got stamped or not..

Suggestions please!!!

Comment

• Chirag,

Appreciate your reply. I got some what same answer from VFS help desk. However, the thing which is worrying me is my passport is still with the embassy... This is second working day where Mumbai consulate has holded it from their end.

When shall I make out of this dark hole.

Comment

• CEAC link on mumbai consulate website

There is a new link on mumbai consulate website...I check my ceac no. it says application refused...I have asked vfs to confirm the same...awaiting their reply...I think its end for me...the website don't mention any reason for refusal although mine was direct employer...Not sure how I will wind up my affairs....

Comment

• For me it shows:

Issued
                              Case Creation Date: 23-Jan-2012
                              Response Date: 26-Jul-2012

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

What does this mean... I still didnt get any notification from VFS regarding my passport.
                              Last edited by h1bscrewed; 07-26-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• @ AnandBlueSlip - Same is the case with me

Originally posted by AnandBlueSlip View Post
                                There is a new link on mumbai consulate website...I check my ceac no. it says application refused...I have asked vfs to confirm the same...awaiting their reply...I think its end for me...the website don't mention any reason for refusal although mine was direct employer...Not sure how I will wind up my affairs....
                                Hi Anand,

Same is the case with me. But what i feel is that we were refused a visa on the interview date and given a blue slip.
                                Also there was no source to check the status of blue slip.

My concern is that it also shows last updated date. Mine is 20th July 2012.

Not sure if the link gives "REFUSED" to all candidates who were issued 221g Blue slip.
                                Request other to try the link.
                                Also H1Bscrewed and others who have already been issued a visa, please try the link. And let us know.

Best of luck to all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X