Forgot to submit I-94 form attached to I-797 While leaving USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to submit I-94 form attached to I-797 While leaving USA

My visa stamping in passport got expired but has a valid h1b notice, which has the same I-94 number attached to I-797 form.

While leaving USA I submitted I-94 (white) form to airlines but forgot to submit I-94 form attached to I-797.

I am planning to go to H1B visa stamping in India.

Could you please let me know if this causes any issue during stamping or reentry to USA.

Can I submit this when I re-enter USA.

Need your help urgently.

There will be no issues with stamping or at the POE. However, proper exit records won't be available if you don't return that I-94 and when it expired, it will show as if you have overstayed. Follow this document to return that I-94 to CBP.
    https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

Since I already submitted expired I-94 when leaving usa, can i submit the extended i-94 that is attached to I-797 form at POE instead of mailing to the address that is mentioned in the link provided below.

Could you please let me know if I should detach this from I-797 at the time of stamping interview.

Comment

Since I already submitted expired I-94 when leaving usa, can i submit the extended i-94 that is attached to I-797 form at POE instead of mailing to the address that is mentioned in the link provided below.
        >>> All I-94s should be returned to the CBP when you leave U.S. So you need to detach the I-94 that is a part of your approval notice and send it to CBP as per the instruction in the link that i have provided in my previous reply.

Could you please let me know if I should detach this from I-797 at the time of stamping interview.
        >>> Yes, detach it.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your help Shervin

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X