I 129 Approved by USCIS but has package not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 129 Approved by USCIS but has package not received

hello, my I129 is approved by USCIS but the mail has not reached my employer. what are the next step that one needs to take? how long do i need to wait if we have requested for a duplicate copy?? are there any risks associated with such duplicate copy ?

Chandran

does i824 needs to be filled

my i129 was approved but i have not received a copy of the same..

do i need to apply for a duplicate copy by i824 or are there any other methods...

what are the risks ?

chandran

Comment

Duplicate copy may take its own course of time. There are cases where it has taken anywhere between 6 months to 1 year to get a duplicate copy. How long has it been since your petition got approved. Doesthe USCIS website shows your petition status as approved?
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I129 Approved but no approval letter received

My I129 premium processing was approved on 1 nov 2011. But still waiting for approval letter from USCIS. it has been nearly 1 month now. Is this time normal???

Comment

1 month is not normal. Your employer should call USCIS.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I have been waiting for the approval packet since 2 weeks, Is there a way I can atleast get the period for which my I797 has been approved? I dont see it on their website page

Comment

Unless your petition was filed in premium processing, you will not know the H1B extension duration until you get the hardcopy of the approval notice. In case of premium processing, the attorney will get an email with the approval status and the duration for which the H1B is approved.

Originally posted by jinneebhat View Post
              I have been waiting for the approval packet since 2 weeks, Is there a way I can atleast get the period for which my I797 has been approved? I dont see it on their website page

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                Unless your petition was filed in premium processing, you will not know the H1B extension duration until you get the hardcopy of the approval notice. In case of premium processing, the attorney will get an email with the approval status and the duration for which the H1B is approved.

I converted my normal process to premium before it got approved. The attorneys dint get the mail. They are still waiting for approval post.

Comment

They usually send out the email to the attorney with all the details when an application filed as a premium processing gets approved or declined. If it has been a long time since the petition was filed, then there are chances that the petition got approved in normal processing and it did not get through the premium processing. In such case, they will refund the premium processing fee back. Check to see if the cheque for the premium processing fee has been cashes or not.

Originally posted by jinneebhat View Post
                  I converted my normal process to premium before it got approved. The attorneys dint get the mail. They are still waiting for approval post.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X