Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Consular Processing - Change of Consulate

Hi Experts,

I was in USA on L1B and applied for H1B which was approved as Consular Processing. I came to INDIA to attend the stamping, my new employer suggesting me to attend the stamping in Chennai consulate though the approval is given for Hyderabad Consulate as they have BEP with Chennai consulate.

My new employer saying by mistake it was approved with Hyderabad consulate and you can tell consulate that I am a resident of Karnataka so I came to Chennai Consulate. So I am not sure if it is OK to go ahead or not with this.

Kindly suggest me if anyone has similar kind of experience or any idea with this kind of situations.

Regards,
    Balu

It should not be an issue. If you are in doubt, talk to VFS Chennai.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Many thanks Shervin.

Do you mean to say that change of consulate wouldn't be an issue as long as we have a valid reason to go for that specific consulate though the approval was given for a different consulate. My new employer's version is that it would be more easy to attend in Chennai as the company is well known to and they have a BEP tie up with the Consulate since it is one of the Global company.

Thanks again.

Balu.

Comment

Yes. These days, the candidate is allowed to attend the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India. If a candidate is unable to find an interview slot within a date range, then the candidate can now book the interview at a different U.S consulate in India.

Originally posted by balu1309 View Post
        Many thanks Shervin.

Do you mean to say that change of consulate wouldn't be an issue as long as we have a valid reason to go for that specific consulate though the approval was given for a different consulate. My new employer's version is that it would be more easy to attend in Chennai as the company is well known to and they have a BEP tie up with the Consulate since it is one of the Global company.

Thanks again.

Balu.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X