Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding the Mandatory Documents required for H4 Visa Stamping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding the Mandatory Documents required for H4 Visa Stamping.

Hi,

In the link https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/ it has been stated that the Original Notice of Action (I-797) of the principal applicant is needed for H4 Visa Stamping.

I am currently in US and my wife is in India. She will be going for H4 Visa Stamping in Chennai Consulate. My Original Notice of Action (I-797) is currently with me. I would like to know whether I have to send it to my wife in India for her H4 Visa Stamping?

By doing so won't there be any problem for me here in US working without the Original Notice of Action (I-797)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
    Sundareshwar J.

You can keep a copy of the approval notice with you and send the original to your wife. She will need that for stamping and to show at the POE. Make sure that she gets it back from the VO after her visa interview. Photocopy will work. But I wouldn't advise you to take that chance.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the response,

If I send my original approval notice to my wife for H4 Visa stamping, won't the Visa Officer will ask my wife on how I am staying in US without the original approval notice?

I just want to make sure that there should not be any problem.

If I was in India and my wife takes the original approval notice then I don't think there will be any problem, but now I am in US hence I am thinking what to say if the VO asks my wife this question on how I am staying in US when the original approval notice is with my wife in India.

Please someone clarify me.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X