X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing /Case Reason/ Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B

I am in the same boat Need help regard this matter

My First US H1B visa issued on 2005 to 2008

After i applied again for Renewal H1B on 2008 and its succssfully approved. But i cannot fly to usa due to family reason and my visa expired on Sept 2011.

Due to family problem i could not use my H1b visa but i am eligilble for 6 year time frame

Again i applied for Renewal H1B visa at New Delhi Consulate on 26 Nov 2012 with different sponcer(Company)
    At the time of interview VO did not issue any slip.

But after one week Consular required additional document from my company and they submitted on 8th Dec2012

After two weeks i checked my status was necessary under Administrative processing

Last week i sent email to US Consulate about my process (almost over 60 days date of interview).

They replied me your case Under Administravtive processing --- (Case Reason : Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B.
    Please be informed that your documents are under the Consulate process. Request you to kindly wait till the process completed.)

My Question
    1).Is that mean my case refused ?
    2).Is there some chances to get approval?
    3).Why case reason is Hold /221G and Refusals/214B ?

I talked with my attorney regarding case reason sent by consulate he advised me to do not call them its just administrative processing thats not mean u got refusal.

Please share your knowledge ragarding this.

Comment

• Administrative Processing /Case Reason/ Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B

I emailed to ustraveldocs but they response me given below:

(Case Reason : Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B).
      Please be informed that your documents are under the Consulate process. Request you to kindly wait till the process completed.

Please let me know it is just processing under AP or they already decided to refuse my visa?

please update me regarding that

Comment

• Approved!!!

Name - Jyoti Bhagat
        VI Date-Aug 21st 2012
        Slip- No Slip Given
        Visa type - H1B
        Department - Masters in Computer sc, Working as Quality Analyst (Full Time)
        Docs- No Docs asked, all documents including I-797 and Passport returned
        Consulate : New Delhi
        Processing: Me or my Employer have not been contacted. DOS says Delay is caused by pending Petition Verification in PIMS. Yesterday I was called to submit my passport directly at the US Delhi Embassy and had a surprise Visa Interview by the Same VO.
        He APPROVED my visa. After 5 Months of long wait. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• Mine also received same reply with same subject.

Hi Aravali,

I received same mail having same subject when request for status.

My case:-
          B2 on JAN12 = Rejected
          L1B on Nov12 = Rejected without any specific reason.
          L1B on 31/12/12 = 221G....Went in queue for AAP...... VO did not ask for any documents to submit.
          This time they taken my passport and I797.

CEAC and VFS tracking systems showing same message since 3rd Jan13......
          CASE CREATED DATE - 28/12/12
          STATUS UPDATED DATE = 03/01/13

Nothing changed for last 32 days.

Anyone help what they are checking?
          How much time it will take?
          Why they sent for AAP in DEC after refusing in NOV.

Originally posted by aravbali View Post
          I emailed to ustraveldocs but they response me given below:

(Case Reason : Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B).
          Please be informed that your documents are under the Consulate process. Request you to kindly wait till the process completed.

Please let me know it is just processing under AP or they already decided to refuse my visa?

please update me regarding that

Comment

• Please help

Originally posted by deednseed View Post
            Hi All,

Here's my recent fresh H1B stamping experience and timelines:

1. 15th Jan 2013: Visa Interview @ New Delhi Embassy
            a) Got pink slip with cross on document requirements.
            b) VO stamped CWOP (Cancelled without prejudice) on my expired L1 visa
            c) At counter 30, the lady was keeping my passport but I asked to give me back to me if there is no such requirement of passport during admin process. Hence the passport and I797 is with me right now.

2) 15th Jan 2013: First time Status 'Administrative Processing'
            3) 23rd Jan 2013: Visa Status changed to 'READY'
            4) 23rd Jan 2013: Visa Status changed to 'Administrative Processing' again (same day)
            5) 24th Jan 2013 - Got an email from [email protected] to submit the passport at nearest OFC drop box.

Now I have to travel to another country and dont want to keep my passport blocked for a long time. Can anyone please suggest if this is a good sign/stamping possibility? If yes, what will be tentative time to get back the passport?

Thanks a lot.
            DeednSeed

Hi DeednSeed,

I also faced interview on 13 dec 2012 in New delhi embassy.
            I got pink slip and the lady put cross on documents..I applied first time for any visa.
            Please suggest what is the cross on documents means
            Really need your help

Comment

• Visa Issued - 221g at New Delhi (No docs asked)

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum and thread. I must admit, I have been actively following the thread for the last few weeks but never posted for some reason.

Here is my Admin Processing experience:

Interview Date: Nov 27, 2012
              Visa: H-1B renewal
              Status change to Issued on Feb 05, 2013 (morning)
              In Admin Processing for 70 days!
              Passport Ready for Pickup with USTravelDocs Passport Center: Feb 05, 2013 (evening)

My friend is picking up the passport for me today, hopefully no more surprises there.

This was my second H-1B stamping and first Admin Processing.

I am a FTE with a technology company. Have a Masters - Engineering from the US. Have been on H-1B for more than 3 years now in the US, and was on F1 student visa for 3 years prior including OPT.
              My current work area is in online security and I had published research in Wireless technologies during my Masters. The VO seemed very interested in capturing notes on these (work area & past research), so my lawyer thinks that this may have been a case of Technology Alert List (TAL) related security check, but we'll never know. After waiting more than 60 days, as recommended by the Embassy, I contacted the DoS through my lawyer and they (DoS) assured that "every effort will be made to reach a conclusion as soon as possible" without committing to a time frame as they always do. Luckily the case was resolved within 2 business days of that response from DoS.

Nevertheless, this was a very tough phase for me with all the uncertainty and my wife being alone in the US all this time. On a daily basis, I had to motivate myself and boost my wife's morale to make sure we don't spoil our present work (worked remote) & health.

So, all of you who are unfortunately still waiting, don't lose hope and hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel, it is tough but it will happen sooner than later.

Good luck!

Comment

• Thanks jd22

Thanks jd22
                Your words were confidence boosting.

Congratulations.

Comment

• 221G Damaged Passport - New Delhi

Hi Guys,

Please comment on my case here. I am a direct employee of a big US Insurance firm and came to India to attend my brother's wedding. I am in my 5th year of H1B and went to New Delhi with my wife for stamping.

Here are my details -

Interview Date: 11th January 2013
                  Interview went smoothly and the VO said that your visa is approved and you should receive it in 7 days. No documents asked.
                  Same evening after the interview I received an email asking for a copy of my I797.
                  Submitted the same on 16th January 2013.
                  I looked up my case online and it was put into Administrative Processing.
                  Then, on 25th January I received a call from VFS that my Wife's passport is ready for pick-up. I received her passport and it was stamped with the VISA and her case also showed as "Issued" on CEAC website. I was still waiting for my passport as my case still showed Administrative Processing.
                  Then, on 30th January I received a call from VFS that my passport is ready for pick-up. I went to collect my passport and to my surprise it wasn't stamped, and a 221G refusal notice was attached where they asked for a New Passport.

I obtained the new passport under Tatkal Scheme and got the passport in 2 days. I submitted the old and new passport on February 4th at VFS New Delhi office and the passport was delivered to consulate on 5th February morning. I still haven't received any update and my case still shows under administrative processing on CEAC web site.

I am freaking out here as I already changed my tickets once. Please provide any insights into my case if you can.

Thanks and Regards

Comment

• Visited India for urgent visit. Went for H1B stamping on 7th Dec'12, at Delhi consulate, I am working for a big company in USA. Still got pink slip and asked document like, resume, copy of ticket, dates of previous international travels.
                    They kept I797 and passport.

I contacted my company lawyers in USA and they took over the case:
                    Lawyers Sent documents to embassy on 12th Dec'12
                    Did not see any update on Delhi site till 2nd Jan, Always said "Invalid case number".
                    I got update on Delhi site(Issued) 2nd Jan'13
                    Also got an email same day to come and collect passport in 10 working days,
                    Collected passport on 7th Jan it has visa stamped till I797 date.

I think reason is, I got 221g last time also and passport has "Clearance received". But this will continue every time.
                    I would suggest to contact USA lawyer, they do things in better/fast way.

Comment

• Status Updated Date changed

Today my case status updated date changed to 07-February-2013, but it still shows administrative processing. Not sure what did they do with my case today.

Originally posted by avashisht View Post
                      Hi Guys,

Please comment on my case here. I am a direct employee of a big US Insurance firm and came to India to attend my brother's wedding. I am in my 5th year of H1B and went to New Delhi with my wife for stamping.

Here are my details -

Interview Date: 11th January 2013
                      Interview went smoothly and the VO said that your visa is approved and you should receive it in 7 days. No documents asked.
                      Same evening after the interview I received an email asking for a copy of my I797.
                      Submitted the same on 16th January 2013.
                      I looked up my case online and it was put into Administrative Processing.
                      Then, on 25th January I received a call from VFS that my Wife's passport is ready for pick-up. I received her passport and it was stamped with the VISA and her case also showed as "Issued" on CEAC website. I was still waiting for my passport as my case still showed Administrative Processing.
                      Then, on 30th January I received a call from VFS that my passport is ready for pick-up. I went to collect my passport and to my surprise it wasn't stamped, and a 221G refusal notice was attached where they asked for a New Passport.

I obtained the new passport under Tatkal Scheme and got the passport in 2 days. I submitted the old and new passport on February 4th at VFS New Delhi office and the passport was delivered to consulate on 5th February morning. I still haven't received any update and my case still shows under administrative processing on CEAC web site.

I am freaking out here as I already changed my tickets once. Please provide any insights into my case if you can.

Thanks and Regards

Comment

• Status updates

I got my visa in 38 days, had my interview on 21st Dec, got 221g pink slip, emailed documents the same day, status first updated on 31st Dec and stayed the same till 28th Jan. Changed to Issued on 29th Jan and collected on 30th.

Comment

• Status Changed to Issued

Today the Status of my application changed to "Issued" on CEAC web site. I hope to receive the Passport on Monday considering the weekend in between. Hope there are no surprises now.
                          Originally posted by avashisht View Post
                          Today my case status updated date changed to 07-February-2013, but it still shows administrative processing. Not sure what did they do with my case today.

Comment

• Originally posted by avashisht View Post
                            Today the Status of my application changed to "Issued" on CEAC web site. I hope to receive the Passport on Monday considering the weekend in between. Hope there are no surprises now.
                            Congratulations!
                            Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

• Thanks! I also received my passport today and it was stamped. Thanks to every one on this forum!
                              Originally posted by hawkeye13 View Post
                              Congratulations!

Comment

• Hi,
                                My case is under administrative processing for more than 3 months now. No documents were asked at the time of interview,
                                Is there anyone waiting for so long???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X