221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ anand
    no bro,nothing yet ,,4 weeks and 4 days have gone,,,i read somewhere if they ask you to submit documents with pink slip then you usually get with in 4 weeks time period,but mine is case where they didnt ask any documents from me,,so dont know how long this agony gonna continue!!!!!

Comment

• H1B AAP - 4 months

Hi,

Am in the same boat but with a wait time of more than 100 days. I gave my PA on 13th Jan and have not had update till date. Sent emails to VFS, called VFS but failed to get any fruitful update.
      I think, a country like US must have a better tracking system for AAP cases, process which is in place right now is very frustrating. Not sure when my pain is gonna end, but I have almost lost hopes of working in US now....not worthy to have waited so long.

Regards
      Krish

Comment

• 221g Pink Slip Issued at New Delhi

I have read this forum, & found a lot of helpful information. Like most of the other people here, I have received a 221g pink slip, & am waiting to hear back.

My question is: Has anyone here received a response back from the US embassy confirming receipt of the documents (via e-mail) that are asked on the pink slip? I submitted mine about 2 weeks ago, & my case shows as "under processing" at the US embassy website, with response date as N/A. I have read on another forum that someone had received an e-mail confirming submission of the documents required on the pink slip. Has anyone here received anything like that?

Thanks & good luck to everyone!

Comment

• @ anand,
          anything happened on your side????

Comment

• @harry

Nothing happened. 18 days gone. Sajidkhan1001( on this forum) got his visa in 16 days with same case as ours. I don't know what would happen. I have read the forum guys are waiting for year.

Comment

• @krish_kk123

did they take your passport? Anybody waiting for passport for more than 5 weeks with pink slip new delhi only?

@harry

did they see any documents at the time of interview?

Comment

• My Pink Slip Experience!!

Hello Everyone!

This forum was very informative for me and wanted to share my experience with you all who are still stuck with pink slip (with document requirement) situation. I am from life sciences background and working in a biotech firm in US. I received a pink slip where documents like ...purpose, research work, resume..etc were required to be submitted in order to process my visa.

Here is the timeline --

9th April - Visa Interview day (new delhi embassy)
                13th April - Required Document Submitted

Waiting ....Waiting..Waiting...Waiting..after 23-24 days

7th May - Passport dispatched and ready for collection
                8th May - Passport Received with h1b visa

I think the average processing time in April seems to be around 3-4 weeks.

Good luck to everyone!! and I hope you all get your visas soon!

Comment

• @ anand,
                  yes visa officer ,saw my LCA, justification letter,I129 form,and wrote down notes also,and then asked me to go to window 30,where indian lady just handed me pink slip and told i dont have to submit any additional documents. i will be completing 5 weeks on may 10...

Comment

• @harry

I don't think that they will keep the passport for long time. They have taken the passport that's the positive thing. Sometimes it happens(as per the forum) that they give the 221g and return the passport. I think that guys are waiting for years.

In my case VO didn't see any docs and I had everything.

Comment

• @Anand1510

Originally posted by anand1510 View Post
                      @harry

I don't think that they will keep the passport for long time. They have taken the passport that's the positive thing. Sometimes it happens(as per the forum) that they give the 221g and return the passport. I think that guys are waiting for years.

In my case VO didn't see any docs and I had everything.
                      Hey buddy,
                      I do not want to disappoint you here regarding your concept about the passport..!!! My passport is also with New Delhi embassy since the day of interview from last 5 months..!!! They have not returned it to me yet..!!! I got green slip from the embassy in Dec.11... but one thing i figured out so far that they would return your passport if they are not sure of issuing visa..!!! Lets hope for the best..!
                      Regards

Comment

• @dilemma221g

Did they say that they will return the passport within specific time? In my case they said they will return it in 3-4 weeks with pink slip and no docs asked to submit.

Its horrible to keep passport for 5 months. What they actually doing? There should be PP option for 221g. Are you calling VFS office, what are they saying? If I have to visit another country than what will I do?

Comment

• @Anand1510

Originally posted by anand1510 View Post
                          @dilemma221g

Did they say that they will return the passport within specific time? In my case they said they will return it in 3-4 weeks with pink slip and no docs asked to submit.

Its horrible to keep passport for 5 months. What they actually doing? There should be PP option for 221g. Are you calling VFS office, what are they saying? If I have to visit another country than what will I do?
                          Hey,
                          In my case they never mentioned any time period. My case is in administrative process as per embassy, my employer verification is also done in first week of march. Everything was nice and smooth as mentioned by visiting officers, according to them i was supposed to get it by 2-3 weeks from the embassy. Still no good sign from the embassy...!!! And you can ask them to return your passport if you have something important, they would ask for it again whenever they are ready to stamp it...! I am not going anywhere out of India at present so i thought, let them keep it..!!! And that way i have positive hope that they did not reject my case yet..!!!
                          Regards

Comment

• saurabh cant tell anything on *********. He is for entry level person. This is my experience.

Comment

• 221g Green Slip ! Victim

@harry , @ anand

Hey guys am another victim of the 221g [ green - chennai consulate ] . I have a quick question about the internal project details - namely the below question ..

" A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, budget, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product "

Can you please assist / direct me what we should be putting in for the reply on this as i am currently on the EVC model and my employer is a consulting firm with no internal projects .. we all work at the client locations and on client projects..

If you have a template for this ..it will of great help. Please help.
                              [email protected]
                              thanks ,

Varun

Originally posted by harrycali View Post
                              @ anand
                              i gave interview on april 5th in newdelhi,and i got pink slip 221 g and didnt have to submit any documents.and yes lady at counter 30 told me it will take 3-4 weeks.my 4th week has already started and still waiting,
                              good luck to you also
                              regards
                              Harry

Comment

• No help for 221g. Just forget about visa or Only one thing wait wait and wait as per your patience. Good bye guys I choose the first one.

Good luck for you all guys.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X