221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• status changed to passport collection

around 4:15 pm,at vfs site status change to collect your passport at US Visa application in between 1600 and 1700 hrs.If not collected ,passport will automatically be discharged to you by courier..

fingers crossed,hopefully it should have visa in it.
    regards
    Harry
    Last edited by harrycali; 05-30-2012, 07:17 AM. Reason: incomplete

Comment

• 221g green slip new delhi embassy

Hi,
      I have been following this thread and the information is very helpful:

Interview Date: April 9th, 2012
      Documents submitted: April 9th, 2012 (At the time of interview along with passport)
      Client Contacted: yes (Checking on Employee – Employer relationship)
      Working model: EVC model

i have been waiting since then, to hear some news from the embassy. Have contacted the vfs and DOS but the same common reply, the case is in admin processing. Not sure how long is it going to take.

appreciate all your inputs

Comment

• Congratulations

@harrycali ..

holy macaroni .. CONGRATULATIONS bro .. count 12 of 15 recvd visas

Originally posted by harrycali View Post
        around 4:15 pm,at vfs site status change to collect your passport at US Visa application in between 1600 and 1700 hrs.If not collected ,passport will automatically be discharged to you by courier..

fingers crossed,hopefully it should have visa in it.
        regards
        Harry

Comment

• @rahul_omega

dude from what i knw the colour of the 221g hardly matters and also from the day u submit ur paperwork it takes 2 to 4 weeks

---

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
          Went to New Dehli US embassy for H1B renewal.

The VO handed me pink colored form 221g. Asked some document to be emailed to her. She kept my PPT and I-797

I emailed documents next day.

Waiting to hear from them.

Just wanted to check in case anyone else is in the same boat as me. Anyone with 221g pink colored form from New Delhi? How long did the process take?

Comment

• @ damiendevlon,
            thanks bro,,,VFS has dispatched the passport to my office,so still there is mystery for 1-2 days,until i got the passport in my hand,will keep this forum updated.

interview date --april 5th 2012, got pink slip 221g no documents asked.

asked copies of bio pages of previous passports held by me---may 18, 2012

passport dispatch --may 30, 2012

total time- 55 days

1 day less than 8 weeks,as visa officer told it might take 6-8 weeks to process your case.
            regards
            Harry

Originally posted by damiendevlon View Post
            @harrycali ..

holy macaroni .. CONGRATULATIONS bro .. count 12 of 15 recvd visas

Comment

• Another Case

Hello everyone,

I found this thread very useful in predicting how much time my visa renewal (with 221g) would take. I recently received my visa, and would like to add the details of my case for others who are waiting, or planning to schedule their interviews.

I went for an H1B visa to the New Delhi embassy. I'm employed as a researcher (I have a PhD from a US university) in science/engineering, and have been at my current position since Sep 2011, first on OPT, and then for a month on H1B with a petition approved with change-of-status. I expected, and received a 221g pink form--- the consulates appear to be handing these to everyone involved in science or engineering research (including students on F1).

* Interview Date: 4th May 2012
              -- Pink 221g form, asked for all documents (resume, publications, itinerary) to be e-mailed.
              -- Mailed on the same day (i.e. 4th May), received a confirmation mail
              * Visa Dispatched / available for counter collection: 30th May 2012
              * Visa received (at Delhi): 31st May 2012
              -- The visa is valid only for 2 years from the date of issue, rather than till the petition expiry date. This seems to be the case for all research related admin processed cases.
              -- The visa has an annotation that says "Clearance Received: 25th May 2012", i.e. exactly 21 days from the date I sent the documents. Note that the 26th-28th were holidays, so it took the embassy 2 working days after receiving the clearance to issue a visa.

Some other observations---

1. I believe the color of your 221g does indeed matter. Quite often, the 221g is used in H1B cases to verify if the petitioner is genuine, if there is an employee-employer relationship, etc. The processing times in these cases can vary wildly (from a few days to months on end). It is best not to get unduly worried about green/white form cases with large processing times, since those questions and delays will not apply to you if you have a pink form.

2. It would appear that the pink form is used for security clearances. Unless you are in fact a security risk, this will happen to you for two reasons: a) you work in science / engineering research as I do; b) you have the same name as someone else who's done shady things, or you've had your passport stolen/damaged in the past. I'm not sure whether you can always tell if you're in case (a) or (b), but sometimes (as was the case for Anand and Harry on this forum), no documents will be asked for case (b). Moreover, when I e-mailed my documents I got a response from an email address that reads "mantis cables". A little bit of googling will tell you that Mantis is the code name for research-related security checks.

3. If your pink form corresponds to a name-check, then the processing time can vary (depending on the shadiness of your namesake I guess). However, if you know that you're going through a research-related check--- because you work in research, you got a reply from mantis cables, etc--- I think the check itself almost always takes exactly 15 working days (i.e. 3 weeks). I've asked a couple of my friends who went through this, and all of them have an exact 3 week gap between sending documents and "clearance date". I guess it could take more time if your case isn't routine though (if you actually work in a very sensitive area). However, it may take 2-3 working days after clearance to get your visa.

4. It is pointless to call VFS. They can only tell you the status as they see it on the track your passport page on the VFS web site. I know some people call the DOS number mentioned on travel.state.gov --- I did not do this, so I can't tell you if it is helpful.

Overall, if you work for a research company/university (or study at one) and are planning to renew/apply for a visa, its a good idea to book your tickets assuming a 3-4 week turnaround. It is an even better idea, if you have the option, of not doing it in the month of May when its 45 C outside . Good luck!

Comment

• thanks again for your research.. try tell us something new

--

Originally posted by glxchi View Post
                Hello everyone,

I found this thread very useful in predicting how much time my visa renewal (with 221g) would take. I recently received my visa, and would like to add the details of my case for others who are waiting, or planning to schedule their interviews.

I went for an H1B visa to the New Delhi embassy. I'm employed as a researcher (I have a PhD from a US university) in science/engineering, and have been at my current position since Sep 2011, first on OPT, and then for a month on H1B with a petition approved with change-of-status. I expected, and received a 221g pink form--- the consulates appear to be handing these to everyone involved in science or engineering research (including students on F1).

* Interview Date: 4th May 2012
                -- Pink 221g form, asked for all documents (resume, publications, itinerary) to be e-mailed.
                -- Mailed on the same day (i.e. 4th May), received a confirmation mail
                * Visa Dispatched / available for counter collection: 30th May 2012
                * Visa received (at Delhi): 31st May 2012
                -- The visa is valid only for 2 years from the date of issue, rather than till the petition expiry date. This seems to be the case for all research related admin processed cases.
                -- The visa has an annotation that says "Clearance Received: 25th May 2012", i.e. exactly 21 days from the date I sent the documents. Note that the 26th-28th were holidays, so it took the embassy 2 working days after receiving the clearance to issue a visa.

Some other observations---

1. I believe the color of your 221g does indeed matter. Quite often, the 221g is used in H1B cases to verify if the petitioner is genuine, if there is an employee-employer relationship, etc. The processing times in these cases can vary wildly (from a few days to months on end). It is best not to get unduly worried about green/white form cases with large processing times, since those questions and delays will not apply to you if you have a pink form.

2. It would appear that the pink form is used for security clearances. Unless you are in fact a security risk, this will happen to you for two reasons: a) you work in science / engineering research as I do; b) you have the same name as someone else who's done shady things, or you've had your passport stolen/damaged in the past. I'm not sure whether you can always tell if you're in case (a) or (b), but sometimes (as was the case for Anand and Harry on this forum), no documents will be asked for case (b). Moreover, when I e-mailed my documents I got a response from an email address that reads "mantis cables". A little bit of googling will tell you that Mantis is the code name for research-related security checks.

3. If your pink form corresponds to a name-check, then the processing time can vary (depending on the shadiness of your namesake I guess). However, if you know that you're going through a research-related check--- because you work in research, you got a reply from mantis cables, etc--- I think the check itself almost always takes exactly 15 working days (i.e. 3 weeks). I've asked a couple of my friends who went through this, and all of them have an exact 3 week gap between sending documents and "clearance date". I guess it could take more time if your case isn't routine though (if you actually work in a very sensitive area). However, it may take 2-3 working days after clearance to get your visa.

4. It is pointless to call VFS. They can only tell you the status as they see it on the track your passport page on the VFS web site. I know some people call the DOS number mentioned on travel.state.gov --- I did not do this, so I can't tell you if it is helpful.

Overall, if you work for a research company/university (or study at one) and are planning to renew/apply for a visa, its a good idea to book your tickets assuming a 3-4 week turnaround. It is an even better idea, if you have the option, of not doing it in the month of May when its 45 C outside . Good luck!

Comment

• got passport with visa

So finally i got passport after 58 days of interview,this is how events takes place
                  April 5,2012- PAI at newdelhi, got pink slip 221 g no documents asked.
                  May 18,2012- Got mail from vfs asking me to submit copies of bio pages of previous passports
                  May 23,2012- Recieved clearence
                  May 29,2012-Visa stamped on passport
                  May30,2012- Status changed on VFS site to collect passport
                  June 2nd ,2012-Recieved passport with visa with same duration as is on petition.

@damiendevlon
                  good luck bro,wish you get visa soon.

@ Glxchi.
                  nice reseach work for pink slip scenerios.

this forum has become vast knowledge domain for persons who got pink slip,as it covers mostly all the issues on which pink slip is issued.

one who got pink slip,should remain hopeful if one's track record or background is fine and one's work ethics are in no way danger to states, then he/she will definitely get visa after DOS complete its investigation,which can go from 4-8 weeks time.

Please do not call DOS before 60 days as it may delay or can cause harm ,also you not gonna get any meaningful information from them.

Also do not get unduly worried after reading processing times and cases of other color slips,such green,blue,etc
                  Pink slip is totally different from other slips,as green slip is issued mostly when VO has doubt that who has control on Employee?
                  Pink slip is issued more on individual, doubt on his name /work etc.

Good luck all ,may god end your agony sooner than you expected.
                  cheers
                  Harry

Comment

• @harry

congratulations bro

Comment

• @Harrycali

Originally posted by harrycali View Post
                      So finally i got passport after 58 days of interview,this is how events takes place
                      April 5,2012- PAI at newdelhi, got pink slip 221 g no documents asked.
                      May 18,2012- Got mail from vfs asking me to submit copies of bio pages of previous passports
                      May 23,2012- Recieved clearence
                      May 29,2012-Visa stamped on passport
                      May30,2012- Status changed on VFS site to collect passport
                      June 2nd ,2012-Recieved passport with visa with same duration as is on petition.

@damiendevlon
                      good luck bro,wish you get visa soon.

@ Glxchi.
                      nice reseach work for pink slip scenerios.

this forum has become vast knowledge domain for persons who got pink slip,as it covers mostly all the issues on which pink slip is issued.

one who got pink slip,should remain hopeful if one's track record or background is fine and one's work ethics are in no way danger to states, then he/she will definitely get visa after DOS complete its investigation,which can go from 4-8 weeks time.

Please do not call DOS before 60 days as it may delay or can cause harm ,also you not gonna get any meaningful information from them.

Also do not get unduly worried after reading processing times and cases of other color slips,such green,blue,etc
                      Pink slip is totally different from other slips,as green slip is issued mostly when VO has doubt that who has control on Employee?
                      Pink slip is issued more on individual, doubt on his name /work etc.

Good luck all ,may god end your agony sooner than you expected.
                      cheers
                      Harry
                      Congratulations bro..!

Comment

• Approximate timeline ?

Hello All...!!!

I am following this thread from more than 3 weeks now and I am sure everyone will be getting the visa soon as most of the people has already got positive responses..

I wanted to ask.. "How much time consulate may take to return the passport when no case number/slip was assigned and only response to a generic mail was asked?"
                        I am waiting from more than 3 weeks now.

Thanks for response..

Comment

• @NIRRAR

bro from what i have seen 80% of the folks get their visas in 2-8 weeks and sometimes it can take upto 4 months. Depends on what color of 221g you may have .. but be optimistic you will get it soon ..

-----

Originally posted by nirrar View Post
                          Hello All...!!!

I am following this thread from more than 3 weeks now and I am sure everyone will be getting the visa soon as most of the people has already got positive responses..

I wanted to ask.. "How much time consulate may take to return the passport when no case number/slip was assigned and only response to a generic mail was asked?"
                          I am waiting from more than 3 weeks now.

Thanks for response..

Comment

• Got it!

Hello folks,

Just received my passport with the F1 visa stamped on it! They actually cleared it in LESS time compared to the time they took for my B1/B2 around 4 months ago. Timeline of my two cases are updated below for everyone's reference. Big thanks to the people on this thread for their research and in fact just for sharing their stories in the first place, which helped calm the nerves of everyone else faced with the same issue.

CASE 1:
                            VISA Type : First time B1/B2
                            Interview Date : 10-Feb-2012
                            Place of Interview : New Delhi
                            Interview Outcome: Handed a 221(g) pink form with no documents required to be uploaded
                            Tracking: The case number on the pink form never worked on the US Embassy NIV Case status page. Always said something to the effect of "...could not find case number...". Embassy gave a generic reply when I raised this issue via VFS. Could see status on the VFS passport tracking website.
                            Documents Requested: No additional docs were requested by the embassy/VFS
                            Documents Uploaded: N/A
                            Clearance received: 27-Feb-2012 (17 calendar days)
                            Passport received at destination (Chandigarh): 29-Feb-2012

CASE 2:
                            VISA Type : F1
                            Interview Date : 18-May-2012
                            Place of Interview : New Delhi
                            Interview Outcome: Interviewed by the same VO as last time. Handed a 221(g) pink form with no documents required to be uploaded
                            Tracking: This time the case number given on the pink form was working on the US Embassy NIV Case status page from today onwards (i.e. 1 working day & 3 calendar days later). Also showed the corresponding status on the VFS passport tracking website ("under process at US Embassy").
                            Documents Requested: No additional docs were requested by the embassy/VFS
                            Documents Uploaded: N/A
                            Clearance received: 1-June-2012 (14 calendar days)
                            Passport received at destination (Gurgaon): 6-June-2012

Comment

• @damiendevlon.

Thanks for giving me hope..
                              The issue is that I was not given any slip. I was said by VO that "Visa is approved, we will send an email just answer us few questions and we will issue the visa and send your passport".
                              More than 3 weeks has passed after I replied to those generic questions and there is no response from consulate regarding my application/passport after that.

Irony is that I am not able to check the status coz I dnt have any case number.
                              getting worried now and wanted to check in the forum if some faced the same issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by nirrar View Post
                                @damiendevlon.

Thanks for giving me hope..
                                The issue is that I was not given any slip. I was said by VO that "Visa is approved, we will send an email just answer us few questions and we will issue the visa and send your passport".
                                More than 3 weeks has passed after I replied to those generic questions and there is no response from consulate regarding my application/passport after that.

Irony is that I am not able to check the status coz I dnt have any case number.
                                getting worried now and wanted to check in the forum if some faced the same issue.
                                Hi,Please try to input your passport number on VFS site.Hope you will come to know the status.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X