X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Green Slip, Chennai

hi all,

I got 221g green slip in chennai stating the following reason:

The petition has been returned to the USCIS for the further review. Upon completion of the review, USCIS will contact your petitioner. Please wait for a notification form the Consulate before returning.

My employer filed my H1B as I am doing an internal project in Detroit, MI. But, when I came to India for stamping, I am working in client location in Norman, OK. Consulate office told me that, the information is not matching and so he is sending back the application to USCIS for review. In online research, I came to know that, employer need to file for an amendment petition and a new LCA when there is a change of place in work. My employer filed for a new LCA but not the amendment petition. Do my employer have the ability to file for the amendment petition now? How much it would take for review, on an average? What is the probability of my visa getting accepted?

Thanks all in advance,
    Harish

It is too late for an amendment. Even if it is amended now, since the consulate send the approval notice back to USCIS, there is no guarentee that the petition will not get revoked later. Ask your employer to file a new H1B petition with the correct details and when approved attend the visa interview again. Or filnd a new employer who can sponsor you a H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

221g green slip at chennai consulate for L2 Visa

Hi All,

My wife has given interview on 3rd Jan 2012 at Chennai for L2 Visa and she got 221g green form. Interviewer told that you just submit the document then we will stamp the visa.

I have submitted all the documents on 6th Jan 2012 at Bangalore VFS. They confirmed that it has been received on 9th Jan 2012.

We didn't get any response yet. Any idea how much time this process takes.

Anybody else having the same case. Please let me know any contact detail where we can inquire for the status.

Thanks
      Abhishek

Comment

Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing. No one can predict the turn around time for a 221g as they are case by case basis.

Originally posted by abhishek2683 View Post
        Hi All,

My wife has given interview on 3rd Jan 2012 at Chennai for L2 Visa and she got 221g green form. Interviewer told that you just submit the document then we will stamp the visa.

I have submitted all the documents on 6th Jan 2012 at Bangalore VFS. They confirmed that it has been received on 9th Jan 2012.

We didn't get any response yet. Any idea how much time this process takes.

Anybody else having the same case. Please let me know any contact detail where we can inquire for the status.

Thanks
        Abhishek
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X