Can you suggest ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you suggest ..

I got my H1B visa approved for client C1 and Location L1 but my Client and Location has been changed from C2 and L2. Here are my query

1. What is safe for me - Should I go for Client C1 and go for stamping before doing the amendment and after getting stamping I will go for amendment. This option suites me best as amendment cases might get rejected as I have yet not stampped and lots of question will be asked by consulate If I go for amendment and then statmping.

2. or Should I go for amendment first and them the stamping .

3. After amendment again there will be stamping ...

4. How much time it takes for Amendment

5. Any premium processing is there for amendment.

6. Any suggestion

Pls help ..

Comment

You need to have a LCA and H1B matching the client that you work for. This is not required just for stamping. Even when you are in U.S, these documents need to be up-to date to avoid issues with USCIS. There are cases where USCIS did a site vist and then revoked the petitions as the candidate no longer works at that location. So make sure your LCA gets filed for your new work location and a corresponding H1B amendment gets filed. It is illegal to work at a location that doesn't match your approved LCA.

Visa is only an entry doucment to U.S. You need a valid visa just to enter U.S. At the time of the visa stamping, these documents should be up-to date. If you have a LCA and form I-129 filed for the wrong location/client and if they do a admin processing and figure out that the information is incorrect, then your visa will get denied.

There is a premium processing for H1B amendment which will give you a result within 15 days.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much , So I again need to go for Stamping and every time I do amendment I need to go for stamping..Please clarify.

Comment

Not required. LIke I mention in my previous reply, a valid visa is required only when you want to enter U.S. You need not have to go for stamping everytime you get a new H1B petition appaorved (whether it is an amended petition, or an extension or a transfer). To stay and work in U.S, all that you need is a valid work petition and a valid I-94 associated to that petition.

As long as you have a valid H1B visa stamped in your passport, you can re-enter U.S with the latest approval notice even if the previous H1B visa is stamped for a different employer.

Originally posted by gofast View Post
          Thank you so much , So I again need to go for Stamping and every time I do amendment I need to go for stamping..Please clarify.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X