Query on passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on passport

Alright, I am sure many of us would have had this problem. But I think my case is a little specific.

There are 3 parts to the problem:

1. My passport expires in end Jan 2013. My employer will file my H1 this cycle starting April 2012. Now should I get my passport renewed in the next few days(using Tatkal service) or should I go for the H1 interview with this passport only, provided the petition is approved without any issue.

2. Another concern is, would there be an issue if I submit my current passport with the other H1 documents to the employer who would submit them to the LCA, USCIS and then before the stamping interview I get a new passport and take that to the consulate for stamping?

3. Yet another part of the problem is that there is no particular date on which the H1 petition would be approved under normal processing. And if they approve later than July then I would be in a fix because by then the validity of my current passport would be less than 6 months.

So, experts, please advise on this.

Regards

1. My passport expires in end Jan 2013. My employer will file my H1 this cycle starting April 2012. Now should I get my passport renewed in the next few days(using Tatkal service) or should I go for the H1 interview with this passport only, provided the petition is approved without any issue.
    >>> You can go with the existing passport. The visa if approved can be issued only till the passport expiry date (few months) instead of the petition expiry date (3 years). Better get the passport renewed and then go for the stamping.

2. Another concern is, would there be an issue if I submit my current passport with the other H1 documents to the employer who would submit them to the LCA, USCIS and then before the stamping interview I get a new passport and take that to the consulate for stamping?
    >>> Well, you can do that. Once again, there are chances that your petition can get approved only till the passport expiry date (since the passport is expiring in less than a year).

3. Yet another part of the problem is that there is no particular date on which the H1 petition would be approved under normal processing. And if they approve later than July then I would be in a fix because by then the validity of my current passport would be less than 6 months.
    >>> Well, then get your passport renewed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that I need to get my passport renewed urgently, but another issue that arises is that out of the last year 6 months I have been out of India. So I might not be able to get the passport under tatkal service. Could anybody assist on this situation?

Regards.

Comment

Check with your local passport office.
        https:///indian-passport-services-in...-passport.html

Originally posted by nawab35 View Post
        Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that I need to get my passport renewed urgently, but another issue that arises is that out of the last year 6 months I have been out of India. So I might not be able to get the passport under tatkal service. Could anybody assist on this situation?

Regards.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X