No announcement yet.

Sponsoring B2 Visa when H1B amendment for post location-change is in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring B2 Visa when H1B amendment for post location-change is in progress

I recently started working for a new client (in different location) other than the one for whom originally the LCA was filed for and only after moving to the new client/location, my employer is filing for the H1B amendment with new LCA. Question is If I process (sponsor) visitor visa for my parents now (when H1B amendment not yet done/in-progress) will there be any issues/risk involved in it?

Since as part of the sponsoring documents, they are asking for my H1B details which would be for a different location (west coast) but my parents (if visa given) supposed to travel east coast.

I don't want delay the visitor visa processing as the summer time is approaching which will have its own effect on airfare and visa appointment dates.

Need experts help and advice!!

thanks in advance.

I recently started working for a new client (in different location) other than the one for whom originally the LCA was filed for and only after moving to the new client/location, my employer is filing for the H1B amendment with new LCA. Question is If I process (sponsor) visitor visa for my parents now (when H1B amendment not yet done/in-progress) will there be any issues/risk involved in it?
    >>> It will not be an issue as long as your have the receipt notice for the H1B amendment.

Since as part of the sponsoring documents, they are asking for my H1B details which would be for a different location (west coast) but my parents (if visa given) supposed to travel east coast.
    >>> Well, the receipt notice and a copy of the form I-129 filed for the H1B amendment will work. Advisable to wait until the LCA gets approved (it takes about 10 days to get the LCA approved).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin!

Comment

>>> It will not be an issue as long as your have the receipt notice for the H1B amendment.
        Siva: So its not advisable to process B2 Visa without having the receipt notice for H1B amendment, right?
        Last edited by sivaramanm; 03-21-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Siva: So its not advisable to process B2 Visa without having the receipt notice for H1B amendment, right?
          >>> First of all it is not legal to move to a different work location without filing a new LCA and informing USCIS (H1B amendment). If you want the process to be smooth, better apply after getting the receipt notice for the H1B amendment.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X