221(g) Mumbai green slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) Mumbai green slip

Thought I'd share my experiences with you. I appeared for my interview at the Mumbai US Consulate on March 07, 2012, and being in the field of biological research, my case was subject to additional processing. I was issued a 221g (green slip), and was asked to send across an invitation letter, details about my research, publications, travel plans, etc. The interview as such lasted for about 5 minutes with the VO asking me questions like why I chose a US university to pursue my Ph.D. degree, the number of papers I've published and what my future plans were. The VO came off as very arrogant at first, but then toned down once I started answering with a smirk on my face. I have to admit that I answered with an 'you can shove that attitude up your you-know-what' attitude. I sent my response the same day and received my clearance on March 26, 2012.

In summary:
    Interview date: March 07, 2012 (221g green slip issued)
    Document submission date: March 07, 2012
    Clearance received: March 26, 2012.
    Total calendar days: 19

Good luck to all. Pray and although easy said, try to stay positive!

stuck in same situation

k

Comment

221(g) Green slip - Mumbai

I was stuck in a very frustrating experience and found that reading other peoples' timelines gave me hope. Here is my timeline.

Visa Interview - March 19th, Mumbai, received 221(g) green slip
      Docs submitted - March 22nd
      Employer faxed a request for expediting case processing to Senator of New York - March 30
      CEAC number appeared on website - April 10th
      Passport submitted to VFS - April 12th
      Passport received with stamp - April 17th

Although they printed my birthdate wrong in the visa, I now have no patience so stay back and wait for them to correct it.

I am flying back to the US April 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by ss578726 View Post
        I was stuck in a very frustrating experience and found that reading other peoples' timelines gave me hope. Here is my timeline.

Visa Interview - March 19th, Mumbai, received 221(g) green slip
        Docs submitted - March 22nd
        Employer faxed a request for expediting case processing to Senator of New York - March 30
        CEAC number appeared on website - April 10th
        Passport submitted to VFS - April 12th
        Passport received with stamp - April 17th

Although they printed my birthdate wrong in the visa, I now have no patience so stay back and wait for them to correct it.

I am flying back to the US April 24th.
        Great! Once you're here in the US or at the Port of Entry, you can always plead ignorance about the mistake in the birth date and get that rectified. I don't even remember having seen my birth date on my visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X