Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay in H1B Visa need some info

Dear fellow members,

I'm one of the proud members of this prestigius group which helps people around the world ont heir visa related queries. I had confidence after reading users posts while preparing for my B& H visa interviews in the past years.

Now i have few questions related to my H1 visa and would appreciate if you guys can help me out with that.

* I work for an indian MNC in Chennai and have a H1B visa valid till 2014 Oct.

* I have a plan to travel to US in the mid of 2013 for my current client.

* After working for few months at onsite can i jump out for a new job from there? If i switch over to another company from there , will there be any legal issue for me with my current employer?

* My company will give me $60K/Annum , i had to stay in Jersey city , NJ , i will have my wife and 3 years old daughter with me on H4. what could be the savings i can make per month after paying state tax,house rent,family expenses etc? will there be any concession on tax if i stay with wife n kid.

Regards,
    Suresh

Originally posted by rockssk View Post
    * After working for few months at onsite can i jump out for a new job from there? If i switch over to another company from there , will there be any legal issue for me with my current employer?

That depends on what contracts you sign with your employer, if they require a certain notice period or non-compete clause, you will be bound by that.

* My company will give me $60K/Annum , i had to stay in Jersey city , NJ , i will have my wife and 3 years old daughter with me on H4. what could be the savings i can make per month after paying state tax,house rent,family expenses etc? will there be any concession on tax if i stay with wife n kid.

Search for paycheck calculator online. Use 3 exemptions for both Federal and State in the calculator (you, your wife and child) and see approximately what you will get after taxes. I don't know what other costs will be in NJ, but I feel 60K will be a moderate salary and you may be able to save 500 to 700 per month if you live conservatively. I may be totally wrong about this though.

Regards,
    Suresh
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X