Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 renewal & transfer

Hello All,

I work for company A, and my H1 is about to expire [completed 3 years on H1] so my employer has applied for renewal. Now I got an offer from company B,

Is it possible for Company B to apply for H1 transfer as Employer A has already applied for renewal?

It would be really helpful if some one can share their views, Thanks in advance!!

No problem there.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

That means, no issues if employer A applies for renewal and employer B applies for transfer at the same time?

Please explain in detail.

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Yes, extension and transfer can be filed at the same time. What kind of detail explanation are you looking for?

Originally posted by sanksuri View Post
        That means, no issues if employer A applies for renewal and employer B applies for transfer at the same time?

Please explain in detail.

Thanks a lot!!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin143!!

the followup question is, what if the extension is approved first and then the Transfer or Transfer first and then the extension?
          Which one[extension or transfer] is valid in above cases?

Thanks,
          Suresh

Comment

Both will be valid. I would suggest you to stay with the current employer until the transfer gets approved. It is not advisable to join the new employer with just the receipt notice. If you join the new employer on the receipt notice and if the transfer gets denied, then you will be in trouble. Also in that case, when transfer & extension gets aprpoved, you get the option to either stay with the current employer or join the new one.

Originally posted by sanksuri View Post
            Thanks shervin143!!

the followup question is, what if the extension is approved first and then the Transfer or Transfer first and then the extension?
            Which one[extension or transfer] is valid in above cases?

Thanks,
            Suresh
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot shervin143!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X