Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa stamping in Nov 2012 at Delhi Consulate

Hi,

I have a valid H1B and my wife is on H4. We are planning to go to Delhi, India to visit our parents in November 2012. I need to get my H1B visa and H4 visa stamped as this is my first stamping. I was checking online on VFS website, and to my amazement there are no dates available in Nov 2012.

I am unable to figure this out. Right now it is June 2012, is it possible that all dates in Nov 2012 is filled up right now or is it that they open the dates a month in advance or so. Please help me on this.

If this is the case then I guess I would not be able to go to India at all this year as only dates showing available for Delhi consulate this year is for June 2012.

Please provide some guidance on this and also some alternatives.

Thanks

Dates are opend week by week and a weeks dates dates are opened 2 or 3 weeks in advance not before that. If you want appointment for first week of November then check in mid October.

Comment

I am also sailing in the same boat. It's mid november and still dates are not open

Its is mid Nov and none of the dates are avaliable except 2 and 3 I have already booked my tickets not sure what to do. Any update will be helpful.
      I am trying to get dates in Nov.

Originally posted by rpd773 View Post
      Dates are opend week by week and a weeks dates dates are opened 2 or 3 weeks in advance not before that. If you want appointment for first week of November then check in mid October.

Comment

November 14 Interview HYD Consulate

I have reserved my appointments for interview on November 14th and for OFC on November 9th at HYD Consulate. it was October 12th when I reserved these dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonimm_Common_Name View Post
          I have reserved my appointments for interview on November 14th and for OFC on November 9th at HYD Consulate. it was October 12th when I reserved these dates.
          Even i have booked for interview on Nov 20th for Hyderabad consulate and ofc on 9th Nov.It was on OCT11th i booked from US.
          But the problem is i have booked my return tickets on Nov 27th morning.I am not sure how many days will they take to get my passport back.

Comment

There is no availability of dates in November or early December. I called the number in US and they suggested to try in a regional language (e.g. Hindi), even though I am on H1B visa.

I checked and took an appointment in Hindi - Mumbai consulate. I confirmed by calling them twice. I am now waiting for an email response on this.

There is no other alternative other than changing the iterenay. Hope people who are in the same boat keep posting their thoughts on this and the best way to go about scheduling an appointment.

Originally posted by h1bvisaholder77 View Post
            Hi,

I have a valid H1B and my wife is on H4. We are planning to go to Delhi, India to visit our parents in November 2012. I need to get my H1B visa and H4 visa stamped as this is my first stamping. I was checking online on VFS website, and to my amazement there are no dates available in Nov 2012.

I am unable to figure this out. Right now it is June 2012, is it possible that all dates in Nov 2012 is filled up right now or is it that they open the dates a month in advance or so. Please help me on this.

If this is the case then I guess I would not be able to go to India at all this year as only dates showing available for Delhi consulate this year is for June 2012.

Please provide some guidance on this and also some alternatives.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fundoo View Post
              There is no availability of dates in November or early December. I called the number in US and they suggested to try in a regional language (e.g. Hindi), even though I am on H1B visa.

I checked and took an appointment in Hindi - Mumbai consulate. I confirmed by calling them twice. I am now waiting for an email response on this.

There is no other alternative other than changing the iterenay. Hope people who are in the same boat keep posting their thoughts on this and the best way to go about scheduling an appointment.
              Can you please share the procedure for taking an appointment over the phone?

Comment

Originally posted by indian_guy0219 View Post
                Can you please share the procedure for taking an appointment over the phone?
                Call +91-120-6602222 or +91-22-67209400, and 1-310-616-5424 (for calls from the U.S.).

But they see what we see on their website. I've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by abhishek78 View Post
                  Call +91-120-6602222 or +91-22-67209400, and 1-310-616-5424 (for calls from the U.S.).

But they see what we see on their website. I've tried.
                  Thanks for the info. So when you got the appointment dates were available on the website too?
                  Edit - I just noticed it wasn't you who scheduled over the phone :-) hope November dates open soon!!
                  Last edited by indian_guy0219; 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by indian_guy0219 View Post
                    Thanks for the info. So when you got the appointment dates were available on the website too?
                    Edit - I just noticed it wasn't you who scheduled over the phone :-) hope November dates open soon!!

PLEASE HURRY!!

I just booked my appointment for 27th Nov in Mumbai. English was not available so I took Hindi. Anyone know if it is going to be a problem to select a Hindi appointment for H1-B?

Thanks,
                    Lakshya

Comment

Looking for visa dates in november

Hi,

Can anyone let me know if the dates are yet to be opened in mid november or all the appointments are filled. I am looking for my H1 stamping in hyderabad from november 26- dec 14. I dont see any dates available between these dates. I tried checking in chennai ,mumbai,newdelhi, kolkatta but dates are not available in any of these.i have already booked my flight ticket and i am worried now.

Thanks,

Comment

Nov 21 opened up for New delhi

Originally posted by manuneelam View Post
                        Hi,

Can anyone let me know if the dates are yet to be opened in mid november or all the appointments are filled. I am looking for my H1 stamping in hyderabad from november 26- dec 14. I dont see any dates available between these dates. I tried checking in chennai ,mumbai,newdelhi, kolkatta but dates are not available in any of these.i have already booked my flight ticket and i am worried now.

Thanks,
                        Nov 21 just opened up for New delhi Embassy. Dates are now released three months in advance so only cancellations will show up for Nov-Dec. Keep checking regularly and hopefully something suitable will show up.

Good Luck
                        Ashy

Comment

Originally posted by fundoo View Post

What date did you book your interview for. If it is already completed, did you take it in Hindi or English. How did it go?

Comment

Originally posted by rpd773 View Post
                            I got appointment today 8 AM EST. Delhi opened dates for English interview for most dates for december. Act fast

Comment

Originally posted by g_ashishin View Post
                              I got appointment today 8 AM EST. Delhi opened dates for English interview for most dates for december. Act fast
                              did you see any dates for Chennai in december?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X