Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time H1B Stamping

Hello,

I have approved I-797, EAD Card, I-94 Form and pay stubs from my employer in Bay Area, California. I have been with this company since January 2011 (1 yr and 7 months). Being with this employer, I am primarily consulting clients.

I finished Masters in Computer Science from University of California, Irvine (2 year program). I have NEVER gotten H1B Visa stamped on my passport before – planning to get that done in a month or so.

I would really appreciate if you could answer my questions below:

1. Being a first time H1B Visa candidate, can I go to Canada for Visa Stamping?
    2. If the US consulate in Canada put my case on hold,
    a. Can I travel back to the US, or do I have to stay in Canada until they grant me VISA?
    b. Can I work for my company remotely from Canada for the time I don’t get my VISA?
    c. What are the chances they will send me back to India (Home Country), and what could be the repercussions?
    3. What is the usual duration of visitors VISA in Canada?
    4. Is it safer to go to Canada these days for first time H1B Visa stamping, in comparison to India?

Thanks much for your response.

1. Being a first time H1B Visa candidate, can I go to Canada for Visa Stamping?
    >>> Yes. Since you have done your masters in U.S, you are eligible to go to Canada.

2. If the US consulate in Canada put my case on hold,
    a. Can I travel back to the US, or do I have to stay in Canada until they grant me VISA?
    >>> How are you planning to enter U.S without a visa?

b. Can I work for my company remotely from Canada for the time I don’t get my VISA?
    >>> Yes.

c. What are the chances they will send me back to India (Home Country), and what could be the repercussions?
    >>> No can predict your chances. Questions like these cannot be answered.

3. What is the usual duration of visitors VISA in Canada?
    >>> Are you asking about the Canadian visitors visa? You need to check with on a Candian immigration forum or wait for some other forum member to answer.

4. Is it safer to go to Canada these days for first time H1B Visa stamping, in comparison to India?
    >>> No consulat is safe as long as you do not carry the required documents. If the job is legitimate and if you carry all the required documents, then you can attend the visa interview anywhere.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X