Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel on B1 Visa when H1B is refused on 221G and pending for Administrative Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on B1 Visa when H1B is refused on 221G and pending for Administrative Process

I was in Mumbai for a Visa Renewal H1B from and existing H1B Visa that was extended by 3 years. However during the interview the VO seemed too distracted and kept asking for documents but not looking at them and just leaving his seat repeatedly and going someplace at the back. As a result he would barely listen to me and gave me a 221G letter. As per the 221G I had to submit documents and the same were submitted on on 12th September 2012. I have been waiting since. He put a 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp on my existing H1B and looked at the screen and asked me where my B1 visa was. I assumed that he was going to stamp that too with a 'Cancelled without Prejudice stamp, but he did not do so. Now I am confused if my B1 is valid stil or cancelled in the system.

Can I travel to the US on the B1 Visa (obtained from my current employer much earlier at the time that they wanted to interview me in the US much before the H1B)?

I would like to travel to the US and at least attend Client meetings until the time that the consulate processes my H1B visa. I understand that my process has been put under 'Security Check' from Washington (Administrative Processing) through my local Senator.

Can anyone help me on this?

Seniors please help me

Comment

use H1B while L1A pending

Hi JamesVaz,
      Did you get answer to your situation? I have similar question as yours; can I use my (valid) H1B while waiting for L1A additional processing (221g)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X