Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR card delayed after the I485 is approved

Hi Everyone,

I received a letter from USCIS on 7/7/2014 stating that my I485 is approved and I will be receiving the PR card within 3 weeks. A strange series of events happened afterword and I still haven't received my PR Card. Here goes the story

9/11/2014 - USCIS posted the PR Cards

10/20/2014 - The USPS tracking said that the card is undeliverable to the address - The mail was still there in the local post office - but somehow they could not track where exactly it is; it was there in the post office for 2 days and then went on return delivery; they said they cannot recover it. It was a priority 2-day mail. I followed up with the USPS and they conformed that there's nothing wrong with my post box. My name is clearly there and i have received over 20 letters from USCIS before and after this incident to the same address. I didn't change my address. I never had issues with any other letters.

10/21/2014 - I called USCIS and explained the situation. They logged a service request to re-post the PR card and asked me to call back in 2 weeks to get tracking number from them.

11/5/2014 - USPS tracking said the card was returned to USCIS on 11/5/2014. USCIS online status confirms the same.

11/12/2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating that a service request was logged on 10/21 and the card will be re posted within 4 weeks.

11/13/2014 - Called USCIS to retrieve the tracking number as they instructed. I was transferred to Level 2 support - the agent was very polite. He said that the card is not yet posted and he is going to post it immediately ("I am doing it now" is what he said). He asked me to call in few days to get the tracking number

11/24/2014 - Didn't received the PR Card yet - 4 weeks have passed since the service request made on 10/21. I called USCIS explained the situation and ask for the tracking number. I was transferred to Level 2 and the agent this time was very rude. When i said that the 4 weeks have elapsed and I haven't received the card, he rudely said that they sent me another letter and I should call 4 weeks from the new date (I had not received such letter)

11/26/2014 - A letter arrived referring to the call that i made on 11/13. The letter was dated as 11/17 and it said that they have logged a service request on 11/13 to get my PR card re-posted. It does not say anything about the my previous request. And it say the card will be delivered in 90 days. The agent previously told me it will take 4 weeks from the date of the letter - now the letter says 90 days

12/23/2014 - Since it has been more than 4 weeks from the last letter, I called USCIS. I was transferred to Level 2. The agent said that i have to wait fro 90 days and nothing can be done before that. When I asked why i didn't get the PR card after 4 weeks from my original service request, his answer was that it is because i raised another service request. Then i told him that i did not raise another service request, i just called USCIS on 11/13/2014 to get the tracking number as i was instructed by their own agent. He rudely repeated the same thing he said earlier without answering my question (i.e i have to wait for 90 days now that a new service request is raised). Then i asked why has it changed from 4 weeks to 90 days. He said that every time a service request is made, it is going to delay the process; it's now 90 days because i raised a second service request. after that he kept on repeating the same sentence (i.e i have to wait for 90 days) for all my subsequent questions

* Strangely, exactly the same set of events took place with my wife's PR card on slightly different dates (except for the last incident - she didn't want to call USCIS again after the last response I received)

Could someone please help me with the following questions

1. Am I the only person who going through this or is this a normal thing?
    2. How come only the 2 PR cards were returned undelivered - we are receiving everything else perfectly (even from USCIS).
    3. One of my friends said that USCIS sometimes send "Undeliverable" letters on purpose. Is there a truth in that?
    4. Does raising more service requests really delay the process? In my case, the agent has opened the second service request, I never asked for a second service request
    5. Why is there's such a disconnect in the information provided by the USCIS agents
    6. My Australian PR expires in 3 more weeks if i don't move to Australia. I was willing to make that compromise hoping that the green card will be processed in time. Now that my I485 is approved, is there any risk of revoking it or me not being able to get the PR Card?
    7. Do i have to just sit tight and wait for 90 days or are there any other options here?
    8. Do i need to contact a lawyer to handles this?

Appreciate any light you can shed on this matter. Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X