Complicated situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated situation

My fiance is living illegally in one of the US territories. I wanted to know know if he has to go back to his country during processing and also is it easier to obtain a greencard through K-1 or if we just get married?

Thanks in advance for your help.

nothing complicated, happens thousend times every day, they call it love....If you are a US citizen and she has paid all her taxes during heir illegal stay she won't have to leave, go to an immigration attorney to file all the prober paperwork.....
    Last edited by ecoquest66; 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Thank you Ecoquest66, I pretty much figured that I would have get a lawyer...even if to make things less complicated. The only thing is that I'm pretty sure that my fiance hasn't been paying his taxes. He's been working "under the table."

Comment

Without having paid taxes during his illegal stay no green card, that simple, but you can file the return without penalty afterwards, a small price to pay....

Comment

Thanks again, you've been invaluable. I suppose we have a bit of a hill to climb. Do you have any idea how long the wait is for us to get our paperwork through? I have a friend that is currently waiting for his Fiance visa. It seems like he's been waiting forever. He told me that the wait is at least 2 years. I don't think that he is using a lawyer though.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X