Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration visited my house - I751

A little about the background:
    I'm an Italian citizen 35 yrs old. My now ex wife is 28.
    We got married on 3/5/15 and I applied for my green card right away.
    Everything went fast and smooth and I got my 2 yrs green card in jan 2016.
    She started seeing an ex right after I got my green card and we took a break in 2017 and started to live separately.
    Nevertheless, we stayed married and I applied to remove conditions late 2017 (I751).
    Anyhow 6 months ago I heard some loud bangs on the door at 7am. My heart droped on the floor when I opened the door and saw 2 officers.
    I let them in as I didnt know I could deny them access to the house. I was also in shock and a bit hangover from a party the night before.
    They saw my wife wasnt here and took pictures of the house. I rushed to my lawyer and he made me divorece her and re apply as divorced.
    Since then they have sent letters to my ex landlords, called my exes, parents in law. Homeland even paid a visit to the parents of my ex wife's boyfriend's.

So what should I be expecting next?

I am not afraid of going back home as I come from a good family and a nice town in Italy.
    However, I am very afraid of going to jail.
    My lawyer tells me to fight this but I am very afraid of being prosecuted for marriage fraud.
    This is what I would like to know? Is there a good chance I will be prosecuted and sent to prison?

Thank you so much

Did your lawyer know you were separated when you fled the I-751?
    Did you withdraw your 1st I-751?
    When did your temporary GC expire?
    And what did your ex-wife tell USCIS?
    Last edited by Trini0616; 12-27-2019, 02:19 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X