Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of becoming a resident of the US. I have encountered a number of issues along the way, but here is the latest: I went for my biometrics in July. Before going, I contacted my lawyer and the USCIS because I do NOT have a government issued ID, as I cannot get one due to my current status. Both told me to go anyway. So, I did, and of course was turned away. In the meantime, my husband contacted another lawyer who said that the first lawyer should have never had me start my process without my passport (since I don't have ID). I came to the US on my mother's who has since passed, and the passport is expired. SO, I applied for my passport. I've been told it can take up to 10 weeks. My problem is I don't want my application to become "abandoned" due to me not being able to take my biometrics yet. Anyone been in this situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm almost at my wits end with all of this, and I know I still have more issues that I'm sure will come up.

Thanks for any help.

You just need a better lawyer.

You should have a ID with you. The first thing you should do is apply for passport from the country of your citizenship (and that can be done through the local Embassy/consulate of that country in the U.S.)
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X