Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I e-file tax return with 6013(g) election

Hi,

I want to file my 2013 tax return as "Married Filing Jointly" with my wife using IRC §6013(g) election. This election allows a non-resident spouse to be treated as resident if filing jointly. Please refer following link for more details -

My question is - Can I still use e-file with this election or I have to file paper return only. TurboTax and TaxAct online services do not allow e-filing with 6013(g) election. At the same time I had a conversation with one CPA firm and they claimed that their software has facility to make this selection electronically. I am little sceptical about that and need confirmation on if that is something that can be e-filed electronically. Also, if e-filing with this election is possible, can you please suggest any online self-service tax site which provides this facility.

Regards

Election 6013(g) married filing jointly

Hi, did you happen to find an online self-service tax site that provide this facility? I need to submit my 6013(g) election but not sure how to do it. Thanks!

Originally posted by yusufalik View Post
    Hi,

I want to file my 2013 tax return as "Married Filing Jointly" with my wife using IRC §6013(g) election. This election allows a non-resident spouse to be treated as resident if filing jointly.

My question is - Can I still use e-file with this election or I have to file paper return only. TurboTax and TaxAct online services do not allow e-filing with 6013(g) election. At the same time I had a conversation with one CPA firm and they claimed that their software has facility to make this selection electronically. I am little sceptical about that and need confirmation on if that is something that can be e-filed electronically. Also, if e-filing with this election is possible, can you please suggest any online self-service tax site which provides this facility.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X