Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulus Check

I am on L1A and my wife on L2.

My wife received SSN in Oct 2020 (She arrived in 2019) with "Valid For Work Only with DHS Authorization". She doesn't have EAD yet, we have applied for it.

I have not filed taxes (have refund) since my entry in USA (2019). I will be processing all taxes in some days.

My question is

Is my wife eligible for all or any Stimulus checks (1,2 and 3), if we are filing jointly?

My tax filing company says that she is only eligible if she has valid EAD.
    Last edited by Rajveer1513; 11-17-2021, 07:13 PM.

A stimulus check is a direct payment issued by the government to individuals and families to provide financial relief during economic hardships, such as those experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic. These payments are designed to help boost consumer spending, support households, and stabilize the economy. Eligibility typically depends on factors like income level, tax filing status, and the number of dependents. The amount of the check can vary based on these criteria, and recipients often receive the funds via direct deposit click here, check, or prepaid debit card. Stimulus checks aim to alleviate immediate financial pressures, helping individuals cover essential expenses like housing, food, and healthcare.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X