Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3D to E3 conversion

I am currently in Sydney, Australia.

My LCA got approved few days ago. Now I have apply for E3 visa. But my wife is trying to get a separate E3 for herself to avoid potentially 3 months of unemployment ( while waiting for EAD). But there appears to be a slowdown in recruitment activity in US due to the holiday season.

I am thinking of following different options now.

1) Apply E3D now along with my E3 and continue search job from Australia for another month or so. then apply for a separate E3 once she finds an employer.

2) Incase, she is unable to find employer from Australia, she comes over to US as E3D and apply for EAD and parallelly search job while in US and apply separate E3 once she finds an employer. ( while she has E3D and waiting for EAD)

3) Come over to US as E3D, apply EAD and return to Australia and come back once EAD is approved.

Does anyone knows if above 3 options are technically possible i.e apply separate E3 while on E3D or E3D+EAD and exiting US while waiting on EAD? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
    manish

E3D to E3

Originally posted by manish1980 View Post
    I am currently in Sydney, Australia.

My LCA got approved few days ago. Now I have apply for E3 visa. But my wife is trying to get a separate E3 for herself to avoid potentially 3 months of unemployment ( while waiting for EAD). But there appears to be a slowdown in recruitment activity in US due to the holiday season.

I am thinking of following different options now.

1) Apply E3D now along with my E3 and continue search job from Australia for another month or so. then apply for a separate E3 once she finds an employer.

2) Incase, she is unable to find employer from Australia, she comes over to US as E3D and apply for EAD and parallelly search job while in US and apply separate E3 once she finds an employer. ( while she has E3D and waiting for EAD)

3) Come over to US as E3D, apply EAD and return to Australia and come back once EAD is approved.

Does anyone knows if above 3 options are technically possible i.e apply separate E3 while on E3D or E3D+EAD and exiting US while waiting on EAD? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
    manish
    Hi Manish,

Wait from E3D to E3 is only 4-6 weeks. You need some time to settle down as well.

Also it is easier to find employer in USA then in Australia. Recruitment companies / organisations are more confident if person is already in USA.

My suggestion : Don't waste time in moving to USA.Aus job market is already very bad. I moved here on E3 dec 2013 and looks like I made a very good decision.

regards,

--Pankaj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X