Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3D Spouse Visa 3 month wait for EAD

Hi all!

I recently came to the U.S. with my wife, her being the primary holder of the E3 Visa and I have an E3D-Spouse Visa.

I've recently applied for the EAD by submitting form i765 and now have to wait the 90 days for it to be processed (Assuming there are no errors in my submission). We should have known it would take this long but had a consultant organise most of the application through my wife's work and this was a point they didn't raise and that we missed. Yeah, it is still our fault, but it's done.

My questions are;
    1. In my own right I should be able to get a separate E3 Visa assuming I can get sponsorship from an employer. Assuming I can get an offer of employment within a month or less is the E3 Visa application (after applying at a Canadian Embassy etc.) likely to be quicker than waiting the 3 months for the EAD on the E3D Visa?
    2. Does my E3D Visa Expire if I get an E3 Visa? (I assume it does)?
    3. Further down the track, I may look at becoming a private contractor or starting a business. Could I transition back to the E3D visa from the E3 Visa? I assume I would need to go through the same 3-month process waiting for the EAD if the E3D Visa is approved?
    4. Otherwise, Are there any good charities or businesses in San Francisco that I could volunteer my time at for the next 3 months? It would be good to start building a network and continue to contribute! I have a background in Civil/Structural Engineering/commerce, but would be keen for anything interesting.

Any advice is much appreciated.
    Thanks,

Hi,
    You should consult with an experienced visa advisor.
    Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X