Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A visa delay

Hello,

Me & my husband appeared for interview on Sept 6th 2012 for L2 & L1A respectively. Our interview went well. The counseller said they would revert in 1 week. Now it's been more than 3 months. They say the visa is in administrative processing. But there is no 221g case number for us with VFS also. We are in complete dark about what is happening? Could somebody please guide me on what should i do & whom should i contact?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by npg View Post
    Hello,

Me & my husband appeared for interview on Sept 6th 2012 for L2 & L1A respectively. Our interview went well. The counseller said they would revert in 1 week. Now it's been more than 3 months. They say the visa is in administrative processing. But there is no 221g case number for us with VFS also. We are in complete dark about what is happening? Could somebody please guide me on what should i do & whom should i contact?

Thanks in advance
    send email at '[email protected]' with Passport number only in subject line to get the current status. Status are like....

"The current status of your passport is In Transit To Post."= VFS/USTraveldocs is yet to deliver your passport to the Consulate. It is inbetween the USTraveldocs location and Consulate
    "The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post." = VFS/USTraveldocs has delivered your passport to the Consulate.
    "The current status of your passport is Origination Scan." = US Consulate has filled in your Courier slip but is awaiting Courier Company to pick it / Courier Company is in the process of issuing an AWB/Reference code.
    "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post." = The passport with or without the visa is now being transported by courier to the pick up location that you specified at the time of creating the appointment. Please check the location of pickup on your US Consulate appointment invitation letter
    "The current status of your passport is Ready For Pickup." = It has arrived at the Pickup location. For some it may be the Facilitation Center.
    "The current status of your passport is Picked Up." = Lets hope that it was you that picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by karan_mm View Post
      send email at '[email protected]' with Passport number only in subject line to get the current status. Status are like....

"The current status of your passport is In Transit To Post."= VFS/USTraveldocs is yet to deliver your passport to the Consulate. It is inbetween the USTraveldocs location and Consulate
      "The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post." = VFS/USTraveldocs has delivered your passport to the Consulate.
      "The current status of your passport is Origination Scan." = US Consulate has filled in your Courier slip but is awaiting Courier Company to pick it / Courier Company is in the process of issuing an AWB/Reference code.
      "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post." = The passport with or without the visa is now being transported by courier to the pick up location that you specified at the time of creating the appointment. Please check the location of pickup on your US Consulate appointment invitation letter
      "The current status of your passport is Ready For Pickup." = It has arrived at the Pickup location. For some it may be the Facilitation Center.
      "The current status of your passport is Picked Up." = Lets hope that it was you that picked it up.
      Hi Karan,

Thanks for this. But when i mailed to this id with the passport no as subject, i received this reply:"There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."So any other ideas for me to proceed?

Thanks
      Nidhi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X