Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2,I-94 and EAD issue

Hi All,

I have a situation here and need input from you guys.

Me and wife reaching New Jersey on around 15 Jan.She is travelling on L1 and i will company her on L2.
    Her L1 visa is expiring on 8th june 2013.I still have to apply for L2 so not sure about the validity.I guess it will be till the same date 8th june 2013.
    Her company said they will apply for I94 extension for her if she gets in till visa expiry date.Her plan is to stay there for 1-2 years.
    I am going with her on Leave without pay and plan is to see the market there and apply for EAD.Once that approved i will come back and will resign and go back.

Now the doubt part:
    Suppose i get I-94 till jun 2013.Is it possible that i will be getting EAD for longer period?
    If I come back to my home town for 2 weeks in between(still EAD in process) then do i need to submit my I-94?
    If yes then how this going to affect my EAD status?
    If I get EAD till june and her company apply for her I-94 extension and not the visa extension, then what will happen to my L2,I-94 and EAD?
    Is valid L2 must for EAD extension or extended I-94 is sufficient for EAD extension.

Thanks in advance

Most probably you will get EAD until your I94 expiry. Once EAD is approved, it is valid until the expiry as long as L1 and L2 are valid. Once EAD is about to expire, you can apply for renewal.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X