Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B - Blanket decision

Hi,

I have my L1B blanket interview scheduled on Jan 8th at Chennai. Will I get to know the result on the same day itself? If yes, how will we know that? (I heard from someone that if we get the passport back, case is rejected; else, I am through). Is there a chance of L1 result getting withheld? I do not want that to happen since I have to get my passport back soon for some other journey on the next week.

Thanks,
    Rajeesh

Originally posted by rajeesh.ckr View Post
    Hi,

I have my L1B blanket interview scheduled on Jan 8th at Chennai. Will I get to know the result on the same day itself? If yes, how will we know that? (I heard from someone that if we get the passport back, case is rejected; else, I am through). Is there a chance of L1 result getting withheld? I do not want that to happen since I have to get my passport back soon for some other journey on the next week.

Thanks,
    Rajeesh
    In most cases if the application is rejected the passport is returned by the Visa Officer. In some cases if there is additional processing, your passport might be kept by the consulate till they complete the additional processing. In that case you can request to get the passport back for the upcoming trip.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks raghvi! I would also like to know if anyone has experienced this (L1B decision withheld for additional processing). If yes, how much time did it take?

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      In most cases if the application is rejected the passport is returned by the Visa Officer. In some cases if there is additional processing, your passport might be kept by the consulate till they complete the additional processing. In that case you can request to get the passport back for the upcoming trip.

Comment

There are numerous threads in this forum , it can take days, weeks to even months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X