Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does previous B1 Visit affect L1B Approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does previous B1 Visit affect L1B Approval?

Hi,

I have been to US on B1 three times in the last 5 years. First visit in 2008 for 45 days, second visit in 2011 for more than 5 months and third visit in 2012 again for more than 5 months. However I never stayed beyond the max allowable limit of 6 months. All these visits have been from the same company.

Now this same company is filing for my L1B individual, so will there be questions asked about my previous B1 Visits? If yes, what are the typical ones they ask ?
    Also what documentation / letters would be recommended for me to carry in order to explain these visits?

Let me know. Thanks!

- Neil

Originally posted by Neil123 View Post
    Hi,

I have been to US on B1 three times in the last 5 years. First visit in 2008 for 45 days, second visit in 2011 for more than 5 months and third visit in 2012 again for more than 5 months. However I never stayed beyond the max allowable limit of 6 months. All these visits have been from the same company.

Now this same company is filing for my L1B individual, so will there be questions asked about my previous B1 Visits? If yes, what are the typical ones they ask ?
    Also what documentation / letters would be recommended for me to carry in order to explain these visits?

Let me know. Thanks!

- Neil
    5 Months on B1 that too twice in 2 Years is not good, VO might want to know what "business meetings" were you attending for half of those years. A Motn or so eveyr year isnt generally questioned but such long duration stays on B1 can negatively impact.

Carry proof of those meetings, just in case asked.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      5 Months on B1 that too twice in 2 Years is not good, VO might want to know what "business meetings" were you attending for half of those years. A Motn or so eveyr year isnt generally questioned but such long duration stays on B1 can negatively impact.

Carry proof of those meetings, just in case asked.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Alright Thanks. Also would it be good if there is a years gap between my L1B interview and my last B1 Trip? If that would help the cause then I can accordingly ask my company to delay the L1B petition filing.

Comment

Your B1 Visits will not matter to the L1 application. But L1B itself gets under a lot of scrutiny these days. You will need to have to prove what special skills/abilities you bring that your company cannot find in the US.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          Your B1 Visits will not matter to the L1 application. But L1B itself gets under a lot of scrutiny these days. You will need to have to prove what special skills/abilities you bring that your company cannot find in the US.
          I agree I need to prove my specialized skills for L1B. But are there no questions asked about the B1 visits during a L1B interview? Specifically considering the B1 visits have been longs ones?

Let me know. Thanks!

Comment

It is highly likely that there will not be any questions.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Help!

Hi Neil,

I hope you had a successful visa stamping. I am in the same boat but much worse off. I have 2 B1 visits in one and a half years with 5 months each and I'm now applying for my H1b.

How badly were you grilled abut the previous B1 visits?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X