L1B to Green Card Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to Green Card Processing

hi, i am on l1b and it is already renewed once. My L1B is expiring in August 31, 2013. Now my employer is ready to file Green Card. Please let me know following >>

What will happen to my Green Card Processing, once my L1B expires?

Do i need to transfer my L1B to H1B or L1A?

Can i stay in USA without transferring my L1B on the basis that My Green Card is under process?

I have done Masters from India. How much time it will take to complete Green Card Processing?

Any other Information, that i should be aware of..

Thanks in Advance

Sachin

Originally posted by sachin111 View Post
    hi, i am on l1b and it is already renewed once. My L1B is expiring in August 31, 2013. Now my employer is ready to file Green Card. Please let me know following >>

What will happen to my Green Card Processing, once my L1B expires?

Do i need to transfer my L1B to H1B or L1A?

Can i stay in USA without transferring my L1B on the basis that My Green Card is under process?

I have done Masters from India. How much time it will take to complete Green Card Processing?

Any other Information, that i should be aware of..

Thanks in Advance

Sachin
    When is your I-94 expiring? How long has been your physical presence in US already?

Even with GC filed, even under EB2 category, if you qualify, it will take years. You would still need to maintain a valid status while in US. So for that to be done, you will still need to move to H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1B to L1A Conversion

Thanks Raghvi for your reply.

My I94 is expiring on Aug 31, 2013. I came in US in July 2009 and till then i am here except for a month (India Visit). So I have completed 3 Years and 6 Months.
      Now i understand one thing that i have to take either H1B or convert my L1B to L1A.

I came to US on Specialized Knowledge and i was not on managerial position in my Indian Office. Recently I started working here as Project Manager but my Company has not yet filed my job status changed notice to USCIS. Now if My company files a notification to USCIS for my Promotion to Managerial Position then what are my chances L1A conversion after 6 months.

And what if my L1A Conversion gets rejected then what will be my options?

Thanks

Sachin

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X