Medical Emergency Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Emergency Extension

My wife is pregnant and her due date on APR2013. I have L1 visa and My wife has L2.

Visa/I94 expires on 31Mar2013

My company has already started L1/L2 extension process on 7 Jan 2013.

What are the chances that I will get my response before 31Mar2013?

If I want to start any medical emergency extension for my wife, does any one know what is the procedure?

Originally posted by nihcas2000 View Post
    My wife is pregnant and her due date on APR2013. I have L1 visa and My wife has L2.

Visa/I94 expires on 31Mar2013

My company has already started L1/L2 extension process on 7 Jan 2013.

What are the chances that I will get my response before 31Mar2013?

If I want to start any medical emergency extension for my wife, does any one know what is the procedure?
    If you upgrade to premium you should be able get the decision before 31-Mar-2013. In case it gets rejected you can try converting to B2 before I-94 expires, but in B2 status you cannot work. You can also try leaving US and try to get L1/L2 stamping done in Canada.

I dont think there is provision of staying in US and getting L1/L2 extended based on medical emergency.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you upgrade to premium you should be able get the decision before 31-Mar-2013. In case it gets rejected you can try converting to B2 before I-94 expires, but in B2 status you cannot work. You can also try leaving US and try to get L1/L2 stamping done in Canada.

I dont think there is provision of staying in US and getting L1/L2 extended based on medical emergency.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks for immediate reply.

But My wife can not travel in last days of pregnancy.

People who have medical emergency and they are not in condition to travel, what they do?
      Last edited by nihcas2000; 01-23-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X