Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1 CoS or Consular

Hi,

Have a common situation but a little bit of twist.. hence had to post ..for a specific reply..

currently with company X L1B petition & visa valid till august 2013 . I94 valid till dec 2014. company X sending me to India back in Aug as per policy
    Small company B is ready to file my H1 they advise to file with CoS.
    I have few issues

With current company X my travel date back to India is 26th and then from 27 Aug to 30 Sept how can I stay. if i resign i will be out of status...
    Shall i ask company Y to file Consular process? and take risk of going through stamping in India with a smaller company?

Q2 : If I am in India with approved petition of company Y If my current company X offers to transfer from Y to X before stamping is this possible ? Can company Y create any issues?
    Kindly suggest

Originally posted by L1H1confusion View Post
    Hi,

Have a common situation but a little bit of twist.. hence had to post ..for a specific reply..

currently with company X L1B petition & visa valid till august 2013 . I94 valid till dec 2014. company X sending me to India back in Aug as per policy
    Small company B is ready to file my H1 they advise to file with CoS.
    I have few issues

With current company X my travel date back to India is 26th and then from 27 Aug to 30 Sept how can I stay. if i resign i will be out of status...
    Shall i ask company Y to file Consular process? and take risk of going through stamping in India with a smaller company?
    -- Unfortunately, you cannot stay in the US and not work for X. Since your I-94 is valid, have them consider keeping you here until Sep 30. But on Oct 1, you will have to join Y.

Q2 : If I am in India with approved petition of company Y If my current company X offers to transfer from Y to X before stamping is this possible ? Can company Y create any issues? -- Yes, X can file cap-exempt petition for you in that case. But if you have any contract with Y, they can sue you for not joining them.
    Kindly suggest
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      See above.
      So basically summary can be : Go for consular approach. do not sign any contract.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X