Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B got rejected - "Not clearly Approvable"

Hi,

I got the L1B rejection on 5th of March. My petition was filed under L1B blanket. I have more than 8 years of exp and working with the company since 8 years. I am mainly having experience as Middleware Infrastructure Analyst on IBM product stack. Mainly on WebSphere portal and WebSphere Application Server. I went with my family (wife and a baby) for L1/L2.

The VO asked me to show the original I-797 and the offer letter from the sponsor company. Then he asked me to wait for sometime and told me that one of his colleagues will call me again. I waited for almost 1 and half hour and then came the token number again. He asked me below questions.

What is your indian Salary?
    Ans : ZZZ
    What would be your salary in US?
    Will you be working on the client site?
    Ans : No. I would be working for xxx Inc.
    What is your specialization?
    Ans: Explained. (Looks like it was too technical for him) He asked me to explain in simpler terms..I did that.
    Is this websphere tool developed by you or your company?
    Ans: No. It's an IBM product.

Then comes the verdict : "Sorry Sir, we can not approve you visa in this category, you may want to ask you HR to file it in some other category." He mentioned "Not Clearly Approvable" on my I-129s and give me back two copies of it. I have not received any pink/blue/while slip or any 221(g) form with specific details.

Not sure what went wrong. Now what could be the possible alternates for me here? Should I file H1B or L1 individual? How can I improve my chance of getting visa again?

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Originally posted by ms81516 View Post
    Hi,

I got the L1B rejection on 5th of March. My petition was filed under L1B blanket. I have more than 8 years of exp and working with the company since 8 years. I am mainly having experience as Middleware Infrastructure Analyst on IBM product stack. Mainly on WebSphere portal and WebSphere Application Server. I went with my family (wife and a baby) for L1/L2.

The VO asked me to show the original I-797 and the offer letter from the sponsor company. Then he asked me to wait for sometime and told me that one of his colleagues will call me again. I waited for almost 1 and half hour and then came the token number again. He asked me below questions.

Ans: Explained. (Looks like it was too technical for him) He asked me to explain in simpler terms..I did that.

Then comes the verdict : "Sorry Sir, we can not approve you visa in this category, you may want to ask you HR to file it in some other category." He mentioned "Not Clearly Approvable" on my I-129s and give me back two copies of it. I have not received any pink/blue/while slip or any 221(g) form with specific details.

Not sure what went wrong. Now what could be the possible alternates for me here? Should I file H1B or L1 individual? How can I improve my chance of getting visa again?

Well only the officer can tell what went wrong , but it appears your experience is on the low side. I know there are success cases with lesser experience too but it all depends upon the VO. Apply for H1 it has higher chances of approval in this case.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Well only the officer can tell what went wrong , but it appears your experience is on the low side. I know there are success cases with lesser experience too but it all depends upon the VO. Apply for H1 it has higher chances of approval in this case.

Thanks Raghvi for your reply. One more query - Does it help if I get the client request letter where my company going to depute me in US on H1 B at the time of my next H1 B visa interview? I guess I can't do that in L1 but just want to know whether it will increase my chances of getting visa if I produce it at the time of my H1 interview.

Thanks..

Comment

Thanks Raghvi for your reply. One more query - Does it help if I get the client request letter where my company going to depute me in US on H1 B at the time of my next H1 B visa interview? I guess I can't do that in L1 but just want to know whether it will increase my chances of getting visa if I produce it at the time of my H1 interview.

Thanks..
        Its always a good idea to carry client letter while going for H1 interview.

Comment

Hi,

you can apply L1B individual..

Comment

"Not clearly Approvable" - no slip given

Hello,

Mine is the same case as yours.. “Not Clearly Approvable” on my I-129S copies.. no slip given..

VO din't tell if it was a reject or approved..

Please let me know your current status.. did you go further with the above status or you filed a different type of visa..

Thanks,
            Vishwas KM

Comment

Originally posted by kmvgl13 View Post
              Hello,

Mine is the same case as yours.. “Not Clearly Approvable” on my I-129S copies.. no slip given..

VO din't tell if it was a reject or approved..

Please let me know your current status.. did you go further with the above status or you filed a different type of visa..

Thanks,
              Vishwas KM

Hi Vishwas,

Mine is same case as yours. Did you get any update on your application?
              What should be my next action?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X