Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa - Help with filling DS 160 - Present Work

Hi,

I had resigned from my current job post my wedding. My husband holds an L1. I am currently serving my notice period and my last working day with my current organization would be in mid- April.

What should I fill in the "Present Work" section of the form then? If I fill "Employed" then would it cause a problem getting the visa approved?

Please do share your thoughts.

Thanks
    B

Originally posted by bharti.b View Post
    Hi,

I had resigned from my current job post my wedding. My husband holds an L1. I am currently serving my notice period and my last working day with my current organization would be in mid- April.

What should I fill in the "Present Work" section of the form then? If I fill "Employed" then would it cause a problem getting the visa approved?

Please do share your thoughts.

Thanks
    B
    DS-160 should be filled As of Date of interview. So if you are not on the company's payroll on the date of the interview, put home maker, else put employed, and if required submit resignation letter as proof. It shouldn't cause any problem.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      DS-160 should be filled As of Date of interview. So if you are not on the company's payroll on the date of the interview, put home maker, else put employed, and if required submit resignation letter as proof. It shouldn't cause any problem.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks a lot Raghvi!

Could you please tell me what would be the next step once I submit my DS 160, and when would be the earliest interview date available if I submit the form this week?

Also, do L2 interviews happen at the Delhi consulate as well?

Thanks again
      B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X